High Mileage Vipers, Are there any?

Vampyre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at a number of Vipers, and have noticed none of them have high mileage. What is consider high miles for a Viper?

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
over 25k I think is high to some people (mostly on this board). I know there are a few floating around with 100+.

I just sold mine with 36k.

OP
OP
V

Vampyre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
over 25k I think is high to some people (mostly on this board). I know there are a few floating around with 100+.

I just sold mine with 36k.

So would 16K on a 2000 Be high miles?

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"So would 16K on a 2000 Be high miles?"

I sure hope not, I bought my "02" about 6 weeks ago with 15K and I have put another 2 on it already.
Brings up the question of: How much does the mileage effect the value?
My last car was a garage queen I tried to keep the miles off (3K/yr), I plan on enjoying this one!
It will never be worth more than it was when I bought it, if your going to loose $$$ on it anyway, why not enjoy them.
Just my .02 cents

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you compare a 5k mile viper to a 15k mile viper, the difference is less than $4k. I would rather enjoy the car for the time that I have it and take $3k less when I do sell it.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 33k on my 96. Theres no way I would consider that high mileage for a 96. 33k/8yrs = 4k a year :crazy: Hey I need to drive my car more. :2tu:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vamprey, with so many threads you have started I do not know if you missed my post I made.

I bought my '00 RT/10 with 12K miles off of Ebay 2.5 years ago for less than the one you are looking at with the 16K miles on it. It was in basically perfect condition except one small scratch which buffed out.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on the far end of the scale. My 2003 SRT has 18,500 miles on it and this week I am heading for Seattle on Highway 1. It will be a 3,000 mile trip. I guess I am not into garage queens. You only live once and I am going to enjoy the ride.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am on the far end of the scale. My 2003 SRT has 18,500 miles on it and this week I am heading for Seattle on Highway 1. It will be a 3,000 mile trip. I guess I am not into garage queens. You only live once and I am going to enjoy the ride.

LOVE THAT!!

Vin:
Regarding the 95 with 25k miles, I have a 94 with over 40k...I bought it with around 15k ...I just had the head gaskets replaced and the ps pump mostly because my ext. warr. was about to end.
Before that, in 4 years of ownership and about 25k miles of driving, all I did is change the oil 5 or 6 times and replace a power steering hose ($40.00).
IMO These cars are bulletproof and pretty easy to work on if you are so inclined.
Also the red ones are the fastest :)

Cheers,

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Wayne, PVRT JET, and Dr Bob said..... Enjoy it, drive it. Most people who own Vipers take care of them. If your looking at it from an investment point and recouping your dollars at resale, leave it parked in the garage, low milage will sell better......but if you plan on driving it and enjoying it why should milage make a difference if the car has been taken care of? My 94 has almost 40K on it, I bought it in March 2003 with 32K, I've enjoyed every mile I have driven it .......who can put a price on that? :D

To everyone on this board, have a safe 4th of July, Support our Military, and God Bless America. :usa:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is anything over 11,124 miles is consdier a high miles viper. I'll updated that number as soon as possible as I plan to take mine for a spin tonight.

But really.... the miles matter less than finding one that has not been wrecked and has been well taken care of. Would you want, a 3,000 mile viper that has been wrecked and rebuild as "clean" or a well cared for perfect viper with 25,000 miles that runs and drive perfect?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck 2 Viper Babel has over 97,000 miles on one of his. That same one he drove to V-10 Nationals at B.G. raced with the original clutch and then drove back to Tampa. He also got 1 st or 2nd in the stock class, he also uses it as his daily driver.

Cudaman :usa:

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 55k on my 95, and it still runs great and pulls hard. IF you think about it that is only just over 6k miles per year.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has 107k. Engine replaced at 95k due to head gasket.

I think the head gasket issue is the only real concern and that's only for gen1 cars.
That's about a $2k job.

With low miles cars, keep in mind that some guys will pay considerably more for a very low miles Viper.

Since the cars are very reliable, the only thing you are really getting for the low miles is a small number on the odometer. The very low miles car isn't really going to run any better or have fewer problems.

So, if you pay a premium for a 5k miles car, and you drive it very often, the car will soon be just another Viper with average miles.
I'd say the very low miles cars are worth more but only to someone who intends to use it little and keep it low miles.

Vettes seem to run 150k miles in normal use without any serious problems.
I think a Viper would probably do about the same.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check this: I bought my ACR 00 with only 2500 miles in 2004. I only paid 60% of the original sticker price. So mileage doesn't mean higher sales price.
Now the car has 5000 miles and I have big plans for this year: Montreal - Dallas - Las Vegas - Bonneville - Montreal. And if everything goes well I will put an SC on the car.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am back from Seattle....22,500 miles on the odometer of my '03 SRT. I really have not had a single issue with my car. See you all at VOI 8. :cool: