Hit One Show Before The End Of The Season

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd make one car show this year, so entered the Fishkill, NY show...all proceeds go to a great Pedicatric Hospital! Enjoyed the day with my son, lots of fun! Spent a few days detailing the car, came out pretty good, worth the effort. As usual, it was the only Viper there...lots of Vettes! But there was one really stunning Cobra, with custom built Roush motor, nice!

You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully, next year will be able to participate in more events!

Last edited:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see your boy holding a trophy, what did you win. Very clean looking rt by the way. Looks good.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys....two coats of wax and Mother's Top Coat, really works well. It was a fabulous day, sun shing and temp in the 60's, couldn't ask for better weather this time of year.

Judging was a bit strange in my experience. They judged the car on five criteria, which was fine, but then trophies were given out if you scored well (not disclosed) or no trophie if you didn't score well. Nothing like the normal 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, best in class. They did do Women's Choice, Major's Choice, Best in Show....none of which I won.! Show was more of a hot rod, 60's/70's muscle car show...a number of Vettes, some cool new Mustangs, but most were older.

Still, all in all, was a fun day...my son had a great time which is important to me.

I may try to do a few more shows next year, but my valve covers have soome of that pitting from the magnesium which I hate. Engine compartment, which pretty clean, is just not as jazzy as I would like, but don't know what to do to improve. I have whatever MGW pieces, but its only a couple....oh well. :)

And now, it sleeps! :)

Stay safe in the storm if you on the East Coast!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That photo of you and your son is great. His smile says it all.

Have you tried any of the Adam's In & Out spray in the engine bay? That may help make it pop a bit. Otherwise, there usually aren't many V-10s for folks to look at during a car show, so it should stand on its own merits.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the side sills repainted for starters. Aren't they chipped up?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polish your valve cover letters and ribs on top of the intake to make them pop. Consider painting your Sneaky Pete logo on your hood pad. With the hood up and painted logo, it can be seen from afar and folks will be drawn to your Viper. Painting the hood pad is inexpensive and something you can do over the winter. Aside from painting your Viper Yellow/Black stripes, not sure what else you can do. :D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony....Jon!

Did detail the engine, have this great detail spray, similar to the one from Adams. Did try to polish Viper logo and ribs best I could, looked okay but not great.

Jon> side sills are mint except for right where the bolt next to the frame all the way up. Can't see with hood down, not really bad with hood up...minor in my opinion, as the side sills are mint except for that one area on each side.

I sprayed everything black plastic with detail spray including inside of wheel wells (old show trick).

Oh well, maybe I am just expecting too much from the engine compartment. But, i would have liked seeing more billet pieces/accessories offered....like power steering/radiator fill tank cover, master cylinder cap, etc...think it would add. Don't like chrome as much, think its too much bling.

Oh, I also have billet air box screws that used to be offered by Dave's Big Brakes (now with Parts Rack) and changed many of the screws from (rusty metal) to nice stainless cap head screws.

I know what would do it.....Roe SC.....but that "ain't never goin' ta happen"!!! :)

Guess I could have painted the car yellow and added black stripes before the show.......uhhhhhhhhh, nope! While I like yellow, I still prefer red!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4