Holy cow, I'm a new viper owner!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy cow, I\'m a new viper owner!

What can I say. 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS/stripes with 156 miles on it. Bought it "used" but not even broken in. Gawk factor...definitely, especially in a town of 5000 or so.

Special thanks to Bob Woodhouse who sent me a brocure 4 or 5 years ago, got my heart pumpin. Special thanks to Bill Pemberton (who else?) for giving me a test ride 2 years ago knowing that I wouldnt be able to purchase a car for some time. He took time out of a busy Saturday schedule to give me 20 minutes that I'll never replicate in the snake. He also sold me my '03 Cobra which I will miss.

Anyway, thanks Bill for your time and I cant wait to join the VCA and attend some of the events with the great folks on this board. I'll have to change my sig I think.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Holy cow, I\'m a new viper owner!

congrats Dave, awesome color, classy yet intimidating.

Now post some pics and update that sig buddy!!!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the car. Beautiful color combo- got any pics yet? You know you have to post'em. You won't miss the Cobra for very.. .. .. Cobra???? What Cobra???

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome aboard David and congrats on the new ride.You won't miss that Cobra at all...you now own a REAL CAR!!!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Amen, way to go. You can't go wrong with Bill P.

"Welcome aboard the snake coaster. Please keep you hands, legs, feet, chest, neck and head inside the car and enjoy your ride."

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys for the great intro. Its weird, I couldnt sleep waiting for the car to get here, now I cant sleep because its only several feet away in the garage. Its kinda fun opening the door and peeking in on it, didnt have that with the Cobra so I knew it was time for the Cobra to go. Hopefully I updated my sig right. I'll try and get some pics with a digital soon.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

join the club/ I just bought my silver 98 gts from him a few weeks ago and love it as well.

glad to hear ya like it.

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

congrats. you have to change your signature where it says "viper someday." someday had arrived.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mustangs and Corvettes, everyone GOT one of THOSE!

Welcome to the fold!

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeez, you got a Viper and you're a tornado tracker. I wouldn't mind having your life. haha Congrats on your new addition!

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm looking to track it once I get it broken in. I'd like to start by going to Salina, perhaps my fellow Kansans will be there for the SCCA events.

I'm trying to find a fire extinguisher mount for a 5 pound bottle, cant find just the mount that works with the seat bolts. I'd also like to find out which of the 86 sapphire/silver stripe combos mine is, checked the archives but havent found anything. Any ideas?