HOLY SMOKES! THIS 02 GTS SOLD FOR CHEAP

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Insurance companies are not in the business of loosing money. If they salvage a 70k car it was more than just a "bump" in the front like the ad says. I am sure you would cringe in fear if you saw what the car looked like before he fixed it.

OP
OP
R

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True true.

What amazes me still is how someone can wreck a brand new Viper right out of the showroom. This vehicle can't be THAT difficult to drive. I guess some lack common sense.

REMIX

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be a very unforgiving car for new drivers who don't know what to expect from it and who have a heavy right foot. I would expect that quite a few are wrecked within the first few days of ownership, though I have never seen any numbers. If someone is used to stomping on the gas going around a corner to get their tires to squeal in their last car and they try that in a Viper, they are almost guaranteed to have a wreck. I would imagine a few haven't even successfully navigated the turn coming out of the dealership.

--- Ken

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm I'm with Ryan on this.That GTS should have sold for around $30,000-40,000.Hey Ken are you related to a Joseph Hahn?

Ron

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Ken. I know quite a few instances where the car was crashed within the first few days. These cars are not easy to drive. When you first drive the car after it was parked for a while you have to warm up the tires for a few miles to gain grip. Many people that purchase the car do not find this out until it is to late. These cars a A LOT OF FUN to drive but are very dangerous as well. BE CAREFUL!!!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Happened right here in Houston last summer. Lady buys a brand new yellow 2002 GTS and drives it off the lot. Calls the dealership about an hour later and claimed she just crashed it. Car had about 100 miles on it.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that almost 30 % of all new Vipers end up in some form of an accident within the first 6 months due to driver error.

No wonder my insurance quotes have been so HIGH !

Cheers

Jeff

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that Viper rentals in Vegas had two Vipers that crashed in the parking lot!

I think a good percentage of Vipers have been wrecked.

Remix, I would put Vipers at the top of the list for the quickest car to crash. The power can get away from you in a flash.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
42K sounds like a good deal if the car was properly repaired, drives 100%, and the buyer isn't too concerned about book value. That car would be an excellent candidate for modifications.