Homelink Sun Visor

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that installed into your oe sunvisor or is it a completely new sunvisor?

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you give me the part numbers that you used. I assume that this is from another dodge.
Thanks,
Michael

OP
OP
T

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I modified the stock Viper visor. Strangely, those metal angle pieces that mount the visors are hollow. That alone allowed me to run the power wires to the Homelink. I tapped into the mirror power running up the driver's side A-pillar. I had to skin the original and when finished, I had them both recovered in that felt-looking material. Side benefit is no more warning stickers. I will post more pictures into my gallery ASAP. BTW, if you blow it, a new visor is only $30 from the dealer. Also, I purchased the Homelink and black bezel from aaaremotes.com . Cost without shipping is about $170.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a homelink in my Navigator and never could get it to learn my garage's code! How hard is this thing to do. (then again I didn't put much effort into it tried once and ever again.)

Reaction score
Ricky,
Open your Navigator manual, it shows you how to complete this "simple" task. I have done it for all my vehicles.
There is a button to push on the rear of your garage door opener, mine flashes the light when pushed, then go to the car and push one of the homelink buttons, and it learns the code combination for your opener.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky,
Open your Navigator manual, it shows you how to complete this "simple" task. I have done it for all my vehicles.
There is a button to push on the rear of your garage door opener, mine flashes the light when pushed, then go to the car and push one of the homelink buttons, and it learns the code combination for your opener.

I actually sold it when I got the Viper! Spend over 3 years with it without getting the damn homelink to work! I tried to press the button, and I tried the method hitting your garage opener at the same time as pressing the side two buttons...(something like that following the manual) and just couldn't get the damn thing to work. On the other hand my grandpa has it working on his Honda Pilot and it is a neat feature!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky,

just bought the wife a new escalade and it has the home link, i tried for ever to
get it to work, couldn't do it. glad i read this post i'm going to try it now
and see if it works, wish me luck,lol. i'll post back soon.

thanks, tom

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5437SRT_Homelink_015-med.jpg

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky,

just bought the wife a new escalade and it has the home link, i tried for ever to
get it to work, couldn't do it. glad i read this post i'm going to try it now
and see if it works, wish me luck,lol. i'll post back soon.

thanks, tom

woohooo, it worked, lol, thanks :2tu:

not so far, i did run into one problem. after i did her door, i used the first
button closet to driver, i then tried to program my door which is next to hers
and i used the center button. the center never started blinking fast, so i tried
her first button to see if her door was working. now the button opens both doors,
lmao. i'll keep trying but i'm about ready to wet myself from laughing so hard.
i will also resort back to the manual as well.