Homemade braided brake lines

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found a local company that will replace the rubber hose on my stock brake lines. The advantage is saving big $$$ and retaining all the OE brackets.
Has anyone else tried this?
Does anyone make SS braided lines w/OE type brackets?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVSi, EMI Racing, and one or two other site sponsors can supply braided stainless/teflon lines using OE connectors. I did my own using Aeroquip DIY stuff and made misc brackets myself for about $250.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell them to exactly duplicate the factory hose length and to use brazed tube fittings or flared hardline fittings. Aeroquip (and all the major industrial hose manufacturers) have very good sections in their master catalogs that illustrate and describe in detail the proper selection and installation procedures for hydraulic hoses.

In particular, note the minimum bend radius specs and restraint recommendations. Remember, these hoses have to move freely (but NOT excessively) with the suspension from full jounce to rebound and steering lock to lock. Potholes and edge drop-offs cause a lot of suspension movement. Some people buy pre-made generic hoses that flop about and bind in the suspension bits. Sometimes, the results are not pretty.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the compression damping/nitrogen accumulator piston can. The cap on the right side is where the high pressure Schrader Valve is, and you don't fill it with air or check it with a regular tire gauge.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
Well done, Roy! Now, how 'bout the rears?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's how I did my car - I bought 2 90 degree brass inverted flare fittings from NAPA and made a little bracket similar to the inboard factory setup. Also made a bracket and a tubing clamp to support the 90 degree JIC 37 degree flare elbow at the caliper.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang