Hood / Headlight alignment question.....

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed a bit of interference between the inside of the passenger headlight (near high beam) and the very inside tip of the hood. Since the drivers side has a proper gap, solution seems to be moving the passenger headlight slightly outboard.

How is this best accomplished? Fascia removal? If so, are there new alignment issues to deal with when reattaching the fascia?

Thanks...

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you try turning out the rubber bumper to increase the gap between hood and light? You might also need to slightly adjust up the latch too in coordination with this.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to move it outboard, before you remove the facia, make sure that the facia/headlight interface has enough gap to accomplish the move. Problem is, I'm not sure there is enough play at the bottom mounting holes to move side to side. Hopefully someone else can jump in here to confirm. If you raise the bump stop, keep in mind that for every incremental change on one side, there will be a change on the other, so adjusting for clearance could create a problem on the other side.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adjusting the headlamp-hood clearance is easily accomplished. I did this on both my '96 GTS and my current 2000 GTS.

Remove the foglight and the rear access cover on the side that you want to adjust. Then, with the right wrench-socket, etc, you can loosen the nuts that retain the headlamp modules. Move it away from the hood and tighten. they won't move far, but you won't need much. There are threee or four nuts.

I would agree that you need to have a little mirror on a handle, a light, and a couple different wrenches or sockets. I have done it twice that way, and it surely is better than removing the fascia.

OP
OP
Ron

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Hood height is pretty close to perfect, so while raising the bump stops might fix the headlight interference, it would end up having the hood at the wrong height.

There seems to be enough room to the left of the light (just need an 1/8") but if there isn't enough play in the mount it'll be a problem.

Has anyone removed the fascia? If so, how big of a deal is it?

Thanks

Matt, just noticed your post, sounds like a better idea. Will try ASAP.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang