Hood Liner Sides

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 2's didn't come with the passenger side pad. There's a Gen 1 part that you can use, I believe there have been some threads about it recently.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact them anyway and see what the story is. They may be able to get you just the side. There is only one side piece to the hood pad on the GEN II's.

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to be a thread-stealer or anything, but...

Should there be a pad on BOTH "sides" under the hood?

The reason I ask is that I have one on the driver's side and obviously the large pad in the middle. However, on my 2002 GTS there doesn't appear to be a pad on the passenger side or even a place where the small clips that hold it in place would even mount.

It's a 5,400 mile 2002 GTS with no history of accidents or modification.

Just curious...

You must be registered for see images attach

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a thread-stealer or anything, but...

Should there be a pad on BOTH "sides" under the hood?

The reason I ask is that I have one on the driver's side and obviously the large pad in the middle. However, on my 2002 GTS there doesn't appear to be a pad on the passenger side or even a place where the small clips that hold it in place would even mount.

It's a 5,400 mile 2002 GTS with no history of accidents or modification.

Just curious...

You must be registered for see images attach

There is NO pad on the passenger side of the hood. Just the center and driver's side. :)

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks!

That's what I thought, but when I read "Can the side PORTION"S" of the hood liner still be purchased?"...I thought to myself that I don't have one on the passenger side!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That explains it. I thought my GTS was missing one also. Why would they only put it on one side?

Reaction score
The factory shields are still readily available for both sides, but as noted above only the Gen 1's had them on the right (passenger) side. The left side has a different part number for Gen 2's (both GTS & RT/10), while the Gen I only shows the right. All list for under $55 each from Mopar and should be available from your local dealer. PM us for more information if we can help.

OP
OP
O

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That explains why I have only one also. I purchased this car recently and thought it was missing the one side, but I stand corrected. Thanks