Hood Weight Problem...More for Jon_B??

Reaction score
Yes I am saying that in the full upright position it won't stay up. It's seems almost perfectly balanced with the bias toward falling closed. Where are the adjustments for it? As I look at the hinges I only see non-adjustable springs (or are they adjustable). I need to buy that service manual.

As far as fit and finish it looks GREAT! I couldn't be happier and I thank Dodge for replacing it. If you have this problem I would find a good dealer who will support you and go for it. The only qualm I have is will this hurt the future value as far as originality is concerned. Cetainly the '96 hood should be better with no risk of cracking in the future.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Jon_B... you never cease to amaze! The dealer called me back and guess what? There is no difference in weights after all. Now I'm back to wondering what is wrong with my hood and how to fix it. Any ideas?

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the hood replaced on my '94 with a newer hood in 1997. All I can tell yoou is that I got home, raised the hood, called the dealer and installed new springs. There maybe something to this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte