How About a Live CAAPcam on our website?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not have a live CAAPcam that would allow us to watch the Vipers going down the line? They can turn it off when they have something on the line they don't want us to see?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are legal issues, or at least that is what has been said in the past. Something to do with inside information affecting insider trading, if my recollection serves me right?

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could a web cam affect insider trading?
If the information is public, it can't be insider trading?

As for proprietary information, that's another story.

2Charmed

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We set up webcams to monitor the build out of our space in the tower where I work. They weren't noticed for about a day and a half. But when they were, all construction came to a halt.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just say that having worked for GM and now Ford, the employees themselves cannot even take cameras into the plants. I would imagine it is because they don't want possible company secrets being photographed or video taped. They allow public tours, but no photographs. We do use digital cameras to take pictures of a particular part we may have a problem with so the supplier for the part can immediately see the problem, but we don't have people just waltzing around snapping pictures so I can never envision there being a live webcam at CAAP or any other auto plant. I remember before the Lincoln Navigator was released to the public, this guy took some pictures of it in the plant and posted them on the internet. He was fired after the company found out who it was. In this business, keeping new model information secret from your competitors is very important.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperweb:
Then why do they allow picture taking at CAAP?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question. I took a tour there last year and was extremely surprised that they allowed cameras. I took about 15 pictures there myself. Maybe they feel there is nothing there in view that would be secret. I really don't know.

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, there was one part where they didn't want me to take pictures, but other than that they didn't care. I took over 250 pictures! What would be so bad about a web cam that just refreshed a picture every 30 seconds?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperweb:
Actually, there was one part where they didn't want me to take pictures, but other than that they didn't care. I took over 250 pictures! What would be so bad about a web cam that just refreshed a picture every 30 seconds?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would be wrong with a webcam? Well for one, I don't think anyone wants a camera on them constantly. I don't think the union or the employees there would really like a camera on them at all times, would you? Privacy issues, etc. Maybe some CAAP guys wife sees him on the webcam flirting with a gal at work or something and the you know what hits the fan. Maybe some guy doesn't want the whole World to see when he scratches his ****.
laugh.gif
Who knows, but I wouldn't want a web cam snapping pics of me all day.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has always seemed that when you visit CAAP and ask if you can take pictures or video, the person handling the tour will know if there is any reason to not allow you to do so. There have been times I have heard them say not today or not here. They may even point to something and say not that, but everything else is OK. If you ask you will usually get to take them.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better idea: College Cheerleaders/CAAP web cam. Watch cheerleaders build Vipers while showering. Send max spam mail to advertise. Slow internet as a result. Economy goes into pandemonium. Jamaica seizes the planet.

;-)

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about in the CAAP store... to help you budget your souvenier money and know how large an empty suitcase to bring...

I am sure Sylvia wouldn't mind. She's cool like that...
cool.gif