How about a search function that only searches post titles?

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it would make the seaarch function a lot easier. The way it is now, you get so many results found because it searches the entire post body. Or is there already a way to search only post titles?

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm doing searches to learn as much as I can about different parts on my '95. Searches like: oil, plugs, wires, battery, and it's very time consuming to search through hundreds upon hundreds of posts to find what I need. As an example, I just did a search for "side sills" and so far I've gone through 7 pages and have found very few actual threads that have the words "side sills" in the title or have anything to do with what I need. Does this make sense or am I talking in circles?

Reaction score
No...I follow you. You should have been around here 5 years ago!! :) All the old posts were "archived" in .zip files in raw text.....only way to search them was one-by-one. And I read EVERY single one of them!! I even started to combine them into one HUGE (and now SEARCHABLE) Word document. I'll see what I can do. :)

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! That would be great! I'm not trying to be the new guy asking for changes, I just really think it would make the forum a little more user friendly for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302