How do I disable the 1-4 skip shift?

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
The 1-4 skip shift *****. How can I disable it? I've heard of a kit that is supposed to do this nicely, without throwing codes. Anyone know where I can buy it?

Thanks!

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Archer Racing, amoung other suppliers, carry "skip shift eliminators" which solve the issue described. I'm not sure what brands are best, but it is a very simple device so brand may not matter. I suggest doing a forum search for a previous tech article to guide your decision.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive faster out of the hole or stay in 1st a little longer. My car never puts up the arrow unless the guy in front of me at a light is really dogging it, then I just stay in first for another second or two and the light goes out.

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 1-4 skip shift *****. How can I disable it? I've heard of a kit that is supposed to do this nicely, without throwing codes. Anyone know where I can buy it?

The cheapskate method is to disconnect the connector and place a 2.2K ohm 1/2 watt resistor ($.10 at Radio Shack) across the two terminals in the harness connector. Wrap it with electricians tape and a plastic baggie and tie wrap it to the harness.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Summit Racing and order the JET-61610 skip shift eliminator for 29 bucks and it'll never bother you again. It says that its for the vette and camaro but it'll work fine on the Viper.
You must be registered for see images attach

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got a Viper I thought a skip-shift module would be my first mod, but then I learned that it is only effective at VERY low rpm (2,250 I believe) and it has never bothered me. Will be even less of a problem (if that is possible) whent he short gears go in.