How do you smoke your tires and stay in the same place?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call an attorney and have charges filed if I saw someone doing a burn out. How offensive.

signed,

joe windbreraker.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off...why?
You want to willfully trash your pilot sports in a display of "look at me, 500lbs torque at idle baby!"? Your not talking about running on the strip, so I can only assume your talking about doing it on the street/parking lot.

Burnouts trash your tires, can superheat your clutch driveline. Also causes your temps to go up uber fast, so you got to watch that [******] too.

MM

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually asked the question because I just wanted to know, not that I was planning to do it. It didn't make sense to me that the back could be pushing so hard, but the front was just stuck in place for such a long time. Kind of like me wanting to know how hot the inside of the sun is. Not that I am planning on going there, but I just like to know things. Especially if they can be answered.

Mike

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, this is for you.....
394burnout_3_v-thumb.jpg

It's how I finish off old hard tires,,,,,,, got any????? :D :D :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It's too hot to go to the sun, unless you go at night.

In a related story, I just saw the news, and the weather man said the forecast for tonight was "dark".

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to take a trip to the sun at night but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

Mike

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike
I was wondering the same thing. I didn't want to tear anything up on my new toy. After just buying 2 new rear tires i'm just going to stick to my original plan and smoke them in photo shop. Maybe with a bolt of lightning in the back ground.
Tim

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man your Viper looks sic.

Oh, you are from Kansas... that means really nice.

How come I like everyone else's Viper but my own?

Mike

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Anyone else think Joe has burnt a crapload of tires off his car before"

Sure, I've been a car guy all my life, so I've made some smoke out of perfectly good tires.
But, I'll have to say that long parking lot burnouts were never a popular passtime.

To me, it's not an impressive display of power. To me it's an impressive display of how little the guy cares about his car.

Ever see one of those exhibition cars at the drags that was billed as doing wheelstands over the whole 1/4 mile?
Were you impressed?
No, me neither.
Really fast drag cars do wheelstands. Special built cars made to do wheelies are not the same thing.

Fuel dragsters doing a giant burn before a run is impressive. It's part of the show.
The burn can't be the whole show, by itself it's just not the same thing.

A kid with a Civic or a Focus may feel the need to show off what his car can do.
After all, not every Civic or Focus can do an impressive burnout.

But in a Viper?
Sitting there burning tires for ten seconds in a Viper? Well, it must be a genx thing.
Go for it if you like it. I think it's stupid.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Anyone else think Joe has burnt a crapload of tires off his car before"

Sure, I've been a car guy all my life, so I've made some smoke out of perfectly good tires.
But, I'll have to say that long parking lot burnouts were never a popular passtime.

To me, it's not an impressive display of power. To me it's an impressive display of how little the guy cares about his car.

Ever see one of those exhibition cars at the drags that was billed as doing wheelstands over the whole 1/4 mile?
Were you impressed?
No, me neither.
Really fast drag cars do wheelstands. Special built cars made to do wheelies are not the same thing.

Fuel dragsters doing a giant burn before a run is impressive. It's part of the show.
The burn can't be the whole show, by itself it's just not the same thing.

A kid with a Civic or a Focus may feel the need to show off what his car can do.
After all, not every Civic or Focus can do an impressive burnout.

But in a Viper?
Sitting there burning tires for ten seconds in a Viper? Well, it must be a genx thing.
Go for it if you like it. I think it's stupid.

Yeah, being 90 and having the an Aztec, you prob would say that. Joe, go take the medimusal, gerital, or whatever other geriatrics elixir you take to come up with this old man Szhit.

Jon

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the original poster, and I agree with Joe.

Mike

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But - Joe jumps to conclusions. I just wanted to know how it was done. Perhaps I wanted to 1/4 mile the car, or track it. Joe assumed I wanted to do it for [******] and giggles.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21