How Dodge chose the venue for VOI7 (long)...

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A group of Dodge execs were looking for a venue to host VOI7. To make this a perfect event they decided to hire 1bad gts as a consultant to scout the venues. They figure he is critical of everything and will be perfect for the job. The plan was for 1bad to visit up to 5 venues, stopping when a suitable venue was found.

1bad went to the first venue to check the accommodations. The hotel was large enough and the roads are nice but there was no racetrack nearby. 1bad just laughed and moved on to the next venue.

At the second venue, 1bad finds a large hotel and a nice racetrack nearby with room for autocrossing in the parking lot. Unfortunately, it was in a questionable neighborhood. Because of the need for secure parking, he decided this venue was unacceptable.

At the third venue, there was a large, brand new hotel in a nice neighborhood with a racetrack a couple miles away. Wow, 1bad thought, this sounds pretty good but the next venue must be something even better, so he decided to move on.

At the forth venue 1bad was astounded to find a 5 star hotel with a secure parking garage, right next door to a racetrack, in a beautiful area with perfect roads. To top it off, it was centrally located in the US. 1bad was all excited and couldn't believe what he saw. But there still was one more venue left and he figured that if he didn't like that one, he could always come back to the 4th venue.

So 1bad called his contact at Dodge to find out where the 5th and final venue was. He was told:

"There is no 5th venue. We just made it up to prove that 1bad gts can never be satisfied...

laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to all the organizers.

Chuck, can you e-mail this to me so I can send it on? Who knows, maybe you will get the stand-up comedian job at VOI after all?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
No! You don't know Joe well enough!

Joes answer would be "after visiting 30 incredibly dull venues, my choice is:

VEGAS!"

Right Joe?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OC you are so far out of line. There are only two places in this entire country worth visiting. Orlando and Las Vegas. They are the only cities with 5 star hotels, nice roads, racetracks, dragstrips, covered parking, security, good people, good food and Vipers.

Plus they have baby nurseries and Mickey Mouse.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
'Nuff Said! I'm sure these two venues will be revisited...as long as Dodge continues to support these great events!

Hang in there Joe! How 'bout we set up a few slot machines and some black jack and craps tables in your room?

Nashvegas!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad, put me with Chuckles, I was being sarcastic.
smile.gif

Worse yet, now Chuck 97 is stealing my "Chuckles" handle too? Hey OC, quit living life vicariously through me. Buy a second Viper and get your own life!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
SUMMER TEETH.(Some are missing,some are yellow,ect.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif

OP
OP
C

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't steal "Chuckles". Mr. MOTERmouth bestowed that one upon me. Hey 1badspeller, when did I ever compare Nashville to Vegas? When you are signing up for spelling class you might also want to sign up for reading comprehension as well.

Chuck the 'Neck from Chicago
confused.gif

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about having VOI7 at the ******* mansion here in Los Angeles?

Secure Parking, Great neighboorhood, lots of cute bunnies! and we can use Mulholland Drive as a race track. And have dinner in Beverly Hills!

How about it Chuck?

OP
OP
C

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Brainiac, you better add geography and smack talking to your curriculum because you need some help at those too. I never once said I liked Nashville, I merely decided to work the spotlight at your one man *****-a-thon. You provide the entertainment, I just make it easier to see...

You might want to wear a helmet while you use the computer so you don't hurt yourself. BTW, the mouse isn't a foot pedal either.

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 1Bad gts you can be sure where ever Chuck goes Butch the Snake, Toofst, Yellow Snake, Issac 460, Paolo and The Russian Rocket we will sure follow good old Chucky anywhere he goes.....

---------
01 Yellow GTS
01 M3
01 740i sport
---------

OP
OP
C

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, going Slick. Now this thread will get nuked because 1bad has to drive the family truckster right into a ditch.

Note to moderators:

At least leave the original post, it was just some good clean fun.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Are you OC or OOC???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are both OC, you see...

Chuck 97 GTS = OC = Original Chuck
Chuck 98 RT/10 = OC = OTHER Chuck

Yea, Joe seems alright. But when he calls motors 'moters', I just want to jump out a window...
clown.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the first time I have heard anyone mention the *******
MANSION !!

That would be extremly cool!!!
Now that is a VOI I would get to some how some way
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I leave for a couple hours to actually get some work done at happy hour and come back to this. Let's get this thread back on track, pregnant women shouldn't...er, jacuzzis, uh...forget it, WWF is on.

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chucky, my girlfriend and I can't stop laughing. Hey 1bad gts I have seen some of Chucky's women, if you have seen any BABES HOTTER than Jennifer Lopez you better cool down because there ain't many HOTTER than the stripper BABES Chuck hangs with.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Wilmer Ray caught a 22 pound Striper BASS last week at Hubbard Creek. Are these Striper BABES any better eatin'? Oh wait, maybe he meant STRIPPER babes! Now what WAS that question?....
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Ya, so special it's making me sick to my stomach.

Grow up folks. Stop the bullsh*t fighting over nothing.

Yeah yeah, freedom of speech... So take it to email.

Personally, I don't care where VOI7 is. It's my first one, and I'd drive anywhere to go to it. If you don't like where it is, then simply don't go.

Oh, and yes. I have 3 kids. Will I be bringing them? Heck no.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -RUNNR:
Ya, so special it's making me sick to my stomach.

Grow up folks. Stop the bullsh*t fighting over nothing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Don, I think it's turned into a jokingly razzin' of each other. Nothing mean spirited. Sort of like those Califags do in their little click.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Chuck, I kinda hope so...

After the last five days of folks belly aching over nothing must have gotten to me.

Ignore me.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what this all really means is that Kandahar, Afghanistan, isn't the venue...&lt;sigh&gt;

Maybe too many MK82 bomb craters on the roads...but even then, the roads there are better than Detroit's!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NEON SNAKE:
teach us about "personal floatation devices"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although aftermarket (AM) personal floatation devices (PFD) appear to meet or exceed the needs of most, they are somewhat misleading. The buoyancy of “naturally aspirated” PFDs is much more affective than their aftermarket counterparts. Imagine a balloon and a basketball in water. The balloon floats on top of the water, the basketball floats in the water.

A second consideration is the ability to hold the PFD. The pliability of N/A PFDs allows recipients to vary their grip in accordance to the urgency of the situation. Most, although not all AM PFDs do not have this flexibility, much like a basketball.

Thirdly is appearance. While important and the initial factor in choosing a PFD, it is purely subjective. There are three fundamental styles. N/A PFDs range from a low-end type to a perky upper end, while the AM models range from a very acceptable midlevel to gargantuan. The basketball style is the most common.

The fill holes (misleading because they are actually made for just the opposite of what they are named) can be identical on AM and N/A PFDs however some are wider and/or more pronounced. Most adjust according to temperature.

While it’s true that some N/A PFDs may require boost, it should be determined on an individual basis. Some of us are experts at handling both types of PFDs. It is recommended that one should obtain years of experience with both before selecting one over another.

Stuffed PFDs are outdated and rarely used these days. However if you unwittingly use a stuffed PFD check the date. Many stuffed PFDs are illegal.

Aftermarket PFDs are supplied by Wilson and Spaulding.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Neon, I read your previous post. I didn't reply 'cause I was too aferd to "open that can." I see now that you've edited it. Thanks, I can sleep now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960