How important is a warranty on a 2002 GTS?

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell you what, go to your neigborhood dealer and tell them you have a problem with the transmission. I guarantee you that they will not fix it on a 02. It will be called either normal wear and tear or owner abuse.

But in any case the chances that you will get it fixed for free are very close to ZERO.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell you what, go to your neigborhood dealer and tell them you have a problem with the transmission. I guarantee you that they will not fix it on a 02. It will be called either normal wear and tear or owner abuse.

But in any case the chances that you will get it fixed for free are very close to ZERO.

Some personal experiences you'd like to share?

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone I know on this board just had a transmission issue on a GTS that was still under warranty and the dealer completely replaced the transmission with a new one.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Err......no.
Why wouldn't it be covered under a DODGE ****-care warranty?

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in the South Florida area I am not aware of any knowledgable dealerships.

Transmission issues are especially close to my heart because after wasting my time with mechanics that I would be afraid to let change my oil I took it appart and fixed it myself.

On my 02 FE Viper the transmission became so stiff that it was a 2 handed operation just to get it into gear. I of course had to listen to the b__l___t explanation on how these are racecars and that is normal. Maybe you guys have more competent dealerships, but in Florida forget it.

On my vette that I bought new in 02 the transmission started rattling one week after purchase. They took the line that this is normal until 1.5 years later when I finally sold that rattly thing. It was embarrasing.

Just don't get me started on what I think about dealerships. I would not pay 10 cents for their warranties.

Last edited:

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's funny, maybe the dealer would have fixed it then. But I would not have bought the Viper if it came with paddle shifters.