How is hose connected to coolant bottle in facia

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am tired of trying to remove the rubber donut and shine a light onto the side of that facia bottle only to guess at the level in the slot. How does the hose connect? Why can't I siphon the bottle empty and refill with the exact amount of ounces required to fill to the line?

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most straight forward approach is to vacuum-drag it out through the overflow hose end disconnected from the radiator cap port. LIke most folks here, I have a Mity Vac hand setup to do that. Then insert a funnel into the hose and gravity fill the bottle with your mix of choice. I think I put in about a quart when I did it last. Good luck.

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grisoman, That is exactly what I want to do. I inserted clear tubing into the line that you suggest closer to the headlight where the metal transitions back to rubber. My clear tubing has an outside diameter that fits snugly into the inside diameter of the line. I then siphoned out everything in the facia tank. So my only remaining question is how much to put back in? How much exactly in ounces will fill the tank to the "cold" line on that slot?

Maybe I can convince someone who has a facia bottle to fill it to the line and then drain and measure ???? Then we could post this in the DIY section because this is a PIA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang