how long did your sport cups last on ACR - street driving.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have almost 6k miles on mine and they still have tread. I don't do many burnouts but don't drive like a granny either... just curious on the tread wear average for these. i assumed they would be long gone by now....??

thanks

(i tried to search but didn't have much luck).

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cup tires are still 100% perfect after 3 months.
I have them on my track wheels and have'nt got a chance to use them, waiting for the North Texas Viper track day out at MSR to inaugurate them. I can't wait!:drive:

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just replaced my OEM cups at about 12,000 mi. with the new Pilot Super Sports...it is a completely different (better) car now. Especially with no rut tracking...much more confidence in the handling and comfort.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My cup tires are still 100% perfect after 3 months.
I have them on my track wheels and have'nt got a chance to use them, waiting for the North Texas Viper track day out at MSR to inaugurate them. I can't wait!:drive:
I went through two sets of Cups this season before having to use up some of my other scrubs (Kumho XS). Anyway, I loved the Cups. One thing though, they are like unpredictable banana peels when cold. They need to be at temp before trying to turn, or they like to snap oversteer. :omg:

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was thinking they would be gone by now... Hopefully they pass my state inspection with 6k miles on them.... :)

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through two sets of Cups this season before having to use up some of my other scrubs (Kumho XS). Anyway, I loved the Cups. One thing though, they are like unpredictable banana peels when cold. They need to be at temp before trying to turn, or they like to snap oversteer. :omg:

Amen to that, cold they snapped on me at the track, did a 1080.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I assume they would be pretty temperature sensitive. I always had to go easy on the Kuhmo XS's I was using, until they came up to proper operating temps. I assumed these would be the same or worse. Thanks for the reminder!:cool:

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Age of the tire is as important as miles, I wouldn't go past 3 years even with low mileage. They are nasty in the cold. 2 of the 3 spins i had on the track were during ice cold warmup laps and I was going real slow! Below 50 degrees they are hockey pucks.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I assume they would be pretty temperature sensitive. I always had to go easy on the Kuhmo XS's I was using, until they came up to proper operating temps. I assumed these would be the same or worse. Thanks for the reminder!:cool:
The Cups are a little more slippery when cold than the XS's. When they are at temp, they feel great. -remember, The Cups hold the record at the N'ring on the ACR. The only thing I dislike about the Cups is the price, and there isn't much rubber between the cords and when the tread is gone. -don't ask how I know.

OP
OP
M

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my tires barely passed the inspection with 5800 miles....now that i am good for a year i can beat them a little more. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery