How long have you owned your Viper???

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my '01 for 3 years and I'm adding to the collection here in a few days. No intension of selling either!!

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 RT/10 original owner bought in 97, so coming up on 12 yrs, as far as milage ... 205,500 miles on it as of today, looking forward to 250k !!

yeah I gotta say - I'd love to know what maintenance has been required, if it ever had any breakdowns, etc that you've been through. If it's done all that with nothing more than belts, tune-ups, etc, that's damned impressive!!!

Me, I've had my Viper for... ...10 days. Woo hoo!!! :headbang:

Jeff

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'01 Sapphire and Silver GTS, owned a lilttle over 5 years. Bought it with 4500 miles, now has 20k. I'll be selling her in the Spring :(

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of a newbe....own my '98 RT/10 since May of this year.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very impressive stuff. Some long-timers for sure, and I really dig the miles some of you folks are logging. 4 years for me. I am refusing to sell, but, will add another when the time is right.

Kurt E

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my beautiful black 2000 ACR in October 2003 from a local classified ad. Turned out it was a Florida VGA car. It became a huge and expensive ordeal to certify it in my province. The Quebec government's inspectors "recommended" me to rebuild the rebuilt front corner smash for another $5k.
As well after dealing with all the insurance companies, it felt like a big accomplishment when I finally could drive the thing on the street.

The only other cars that blow my skirt up are hella-more expensive these days.
The Ford GT, and having had about ten 911's the '08 911 Turbo. Nothing anywhere under 100G's.
The Viper is definately the best bargain for a unique, late model, street legal American race car.

Which car guy can part with that?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 days according to some. Or was that weeks...

Anyway, I don't pay attention to that.

About 2 years on the '01. I'll probably have $100K into it by the end of the year with all the modding I do. Be stoopid to ever sell it.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christmas 2000, and I really need to catch up to some you with the miles.

Reaction score
I've done a ton of mods to it each year. It's had the blower for about 35k miles I think. It had a 100k warrentee on it. I brought it in when it was at 95k and said I'm about to lose my warrentee see if you can find me any problems ... then came back and told me I had a small oil leak that was not easily fixable ... BOOM ... new engine :cool:

I also was putting in a lighter flywheel once and was told it was a ton of labor to pull the transmission. This was about 85k miles on it. Tech said let me borrow yo0ur car for a minute. Drove it around the block and said "I'm glad you told me your 3rd gear is popping out. We've had reports of it on this model." .. I said "my 3rd gear is popping out?" .. he said "yea, glad you told me. We'll have to replace that under warentee. And by the way while the transmission is out we can put that flywheel in for you at no charge."

So as far as major work those are the 2 major issues I've had, both under warrentee. Other then that I've gone through my share of misc issues, but most related to my own doing, like drifting into a hay bail during a drifting event ...haha. But I did knock it over a fence so I think it was considered a home run!

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had mine for only 3-4 months. 97 b/w. Bought it as a project. Needed a transmission and tires for starters. Since then ive replaced the transmission with a brand new one, lw flywheel, new plugs and high temp wires, serp belt, new tires, new engine and trans mounts and a billet crossmember. Got new front rotors and brake pads on the way, fixing a few exhaust leaks and hopfully having the header pipes re-coated if they can be done. Had to chase a couple electrical bugs here and there but for the most part its a keeper. Set a budget of 25k on the build with the end result being a reliable driver and looks like I will make it doing everything by myself. Even with all this, I still managed to put over 900 miles on it this summer. Have yet to figure out what you are supposed to do with 6th gear.

Without a doubt, its been the most challenging and enjoyable experience of my life.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going on 4 months...if she makes it past 2 more months, that will be more than 50% of the cars I have owned...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang