How many of you leave your Viper in parking lots?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, you are in and out of your favorite wing establishment in less than an hour? Maybe you have your own table with a view to the parking lot?? :rolaugh:

The Viper has never been to any wing places :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ok, seriously, you brought up a good point. When available, yes, I do sit by the window if its got a view of the car. As long as I can see it, it can stay there forever...which some trips to ******* seem to last that long :rolaugh:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have cameras to stop this c*ap, when I first got my H2 someone sent this to me... :omg: I never had an issue... BUT...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPyYZ52IXYg[/media]

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They have cameras to stop this c*ap, when I first got my H2 someone sent this to me... :omg: I never had an issue... BUT...

OH......MY.......I'm speechless, wow you never can tell can you, if I saw that old man in his sandels and shorts I never would have thought....WHAT A PIECE OF ****, I wish he would have been caught and knocked the F' out seriously :crazy2: See this is the crap I'm worried about lol, it happens all the time, and even though I have insurance I don't want to have to have the damn car repainted you know...

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I park all of my cars in a far way spot, next to the last handicap spot, or at the end/last spot and hug close to the curb.

I have found that if you ever park and don't feel happy about it, don't walk away, just repark. The one time I parked and thought "I don't like this spot and the spot next to me was tight, but I'm only in for a few minutes and maybe someone won't want to sqeeze in the other spot" I came back to find a 79 Olds in that spot and one nice sized door ding on the passenger side -- [of my daily driver].

It is funny how you can park in the north 40, 50 spaces away from the nearest car when you arrived, and come back 30 minutes later to find 5 or 6 cars parked around you like a little island. ***?

Unfortunatly, my Viper does have a pair of dings. Someone got my drivers side mirror and took a nick out of it (and I noticed this at a Viper cruise event.. Hum.. Maybe that is when it happened or when I first saw it?) The 2nd is a tiny nick on the passenger side. Might be time for some touch up work.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that movie was scarier than the Blair Witch Project. I had to close my eyes.
And the music score was outstanding. Very creepy.

but seriously, I think if I saw a dufus key ANY car - whether mine or not, I may have to knock him to the ground and key his freakin eyeballs.;)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car gets parked in many public parking areas. I just always try to park far away and if thats not possible, park by the nicest car I can. I much prefer to never leave it over an hour though. Thats why I never take it to the movies or sporting events (and never anywhere overnight). It was keyed once, but I'm pretty sure that would be compliments of a girl I had just broken up with.

We see several "my car got keyed/damaged" threads a year. It'd be nice if they caught the person in the act one time and absolutely beat them into the ground. Bonus points if it was recorded somehow :D

Yours doesn't count. You only park it at ******* and you always seem to have the girls out there watching over it and taking pictures with it.
I would be more nervous that one of their piercings would scratch the car than any thought of vandalism!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hummer is in the Handicap Spot but still no excuse

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hummer is in the Handicap Spot but still no excuse

After viewing a "related" video, there was another video with a Vette in a handicapped spot. BUT, what caught my eye was the snake that rolls through the footage.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9A9jPMRurc&NR=1[/media]

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

liberal old fart

there is no fool like an old fool

....tick tock tick tock :eater:....

.....because he feels entitled to the spot and morally superior and a conservative follows the rules and calls the cops in a situation like this

glad he was caught :2tu:

and thanks for scaring me about parking :mad:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After viewing a "related" video, there was another video with a Vette in a handicapped spot. BUT, what caught my eye was the snake that rolls through the footage.

good vid for the reasons you cite :2tu:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fellow Chadlee

You can't be judge, jury, and executioner !
(except in my stated case above where I viewed said vandal keying a vehicle - then I will be the judge, jury, and exectioner;))

Unless you have absolute proof - I believe in giving benefit of the doubt.

It's possible that someone may have a handicap parking permit and simply forgot to flip down their visor

OR

maybe someone was having chest pains and pulled into a parking lot quick and found the nearest parking spot to run inside for help

OR

a person wasn't aware of the blue painted parking spot underneath them because they just received a text message from their local ******* restaurant stating in one hour was 1/2 price wings and a wet T-shirt contest.

Need I say more ?:D

If you park in a handicap spot, and someone keys your car, my "give a flip" meter falls below zero. You deserve it.

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fellow Chadlee

You can't be judge, jury, and executioner !

I believe in giving benefit of the doubt.

It's possible that someone may have a handicap parking permit and simply forgot to flip down their visor

OR

maybe someone was having chest pains and pulled into a parking lot quick and found the nearest parking spot to run inside for help

OR

a person wasn't aware of the blue painted parking spot underneath them because they just received a text message from their local ******* restaraunt stating in one hour was 1/2 price wings and a wet T-shirt contest.

Need I say more ?:D

My comment was a general thing, not specific to the Hummer :) For all we know, the Hummer driver was handicap and did have a parking permit fully visible. But if someone is just a ****** and thinks their vehicle (any type) entitles them to take a handicap spot, OJ Simpson himself could knife the car up and I wouldn't care. I have a soft spot for those with disabilities and watching some ******* steal their parking spot, gets 0 sympathy from me.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the old fart needs a lesson on how to key a vehicle anyway. You take the key ALL THE WAY down the side of the car, not just the door.
Freakin amateur.

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As the father of a handicapped child, that DB needed pulled from that POS vette and had his a$$ kicked. Freaking LOSER. Morally handicapped doesn't count.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the father of a handicapped child, that DB needed pulled from that POS vette and had his a$$ kicked. Freaking LOSER. Morally handicapped doesn't count.

+1. Its a shame the reporter didn't take his microphone and split the guy's head open with it. Pricks like him gives a**holes a bad name. Its funny someone is stupid enough to think a C5 deserves special parking. That Vette is as rare as the Nissan parked beside it.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think his tag said it all...1COCK...he's definitely a dick.

I know it said 1CACK.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have parked in public lots every day since 1998, but move over to the passenger side so my door can open without hitting the other car. I have a bizzillion more scratches from self-inflicted driving over things or on-road rock and sand spray than from parking lot dents. In fact, I'll have to look, because I don't think I have any door dings.

108K miles and going on my '94.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

LOL, "hey what are you buying in the health food store, it must be working pretty good" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my SRT-10 viper is my daily driver so I definitely park it and leave it unattended. I haven't had any problems so far and it's got 65,000 miles....

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to accept the risks to enjoy the car which doesn't include a garage queen. I try to park with enough room on both sides but then you can't control who comes and goes after you park.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I took in a movie today and I parked in the back of the lot all by myself. This is what I found when I came out...:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Raptor is a pretty badass truck and he's on the other side of the island. Probably just wanted a cool photo with his truck and the Viper. He really wouldn't worry me.
The Honda on the other hand? Probably a mom and kids and parked right next to you. That one would worry me.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the honda "might have been" me. i know a few people who will park next to a viper to protect it. dont assume

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter WHERE I park in the lot ... there are always cars around my Snake when I come back out. If not cars, people hanging around taking pictures and wanting to ask questions.

At work, I'll often have really nice sports cars that gyrate towards my car. At least I know they're being careful and sharing in the 'love'.

Every car/truck that I've had for the last 20 years draws attention. It's just a curse of enjoying class over flash. You get used to it over time and STILL worry every time the key comes out of the ignition. I had a PERFECT custom truck that I parked WAY out in the lots and in the garage when I was home. What happens? My own son drops his bike against it putting a couple of dings in the door! Guess what HIS Christmas present was that year?!? He went with me to the body shop and saw his Nintendo get replaced by my door getting fixed! He is now grown with a very healthy attitude toward other people's property. Good kid ... his Dad is a little wacko, but he's a good kid.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check that Vette in hadicap spot vid... a Viper drives by in the beginning. lol

do most of you just park it like a regular vehicle and don't worry about it or hardly ever take it somewhere you have to leave it?
Welcome to the curse of Viper ownership. Hightened sense of suroundings. I've turned around and gone home rather than park in some lots where I didn't like the looks of people there. lol Usually I try to find an end space and park a little over the end line so the guy that parksi in the next space has plenty of space.

Like many here have said, I usually wind up parking away from the "crowd". But it never fails, When I come back there will be three other cars parked right beside me with tons of open spaces in the lot.

So far it's three years with no door dings. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang