How many officers of the VCA are getting 2003s?

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that SRTs are being shipped, Are the VCA officers who ordered them getting ones that are in the first batch of cars? I would love to know how the build order was determimed ?. Keep in mind, i started a thread about this quite some time ago and was told that the VCA officers would NOT get special treatment. I still do not a VIN #. Could this be retaliation from the VCA gods for me making posts about this before? Hmmmmm.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see by your signature you consider yourself to be #1. Additionally you believe that you should be served first from the initial shipments of SRT's. Wish we could all be first in line.

Paranoia is not unknown on this website. They are not all out to get you, just make fantastic cars.

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that does not answer the question. Are the VCA officers getting cars in the first batch? How was delivery detemined?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't have a VIN on my car... does that help answer your question?

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, how about this to help your conspiracy theory. I'm a Zone Director, which sorta puts me pretty high up the food chain I guess. Just one rung below the VCA's four top national officers.

My new car has just barely been built, and went to inspection today. They've got almost 300 of them done BEFORE mine, and I suspect most of those will be delivered to other people long before me. I can tell you that MANY regular VCA members, and likely non-VCA members who had a certificate, are going to be cruising for quite a while before I'm finally on the street.

Does my case........ and the fact that one of our most respected region Presidents, Jerry, who posted just above that HE doesn't even have a VIN issued yet............ make you feel any better?

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California officers are different due to the emission issues. It appears that with the exception of the california cars, the VCA officers cars are much further along than me. What is the big deal about announcing how the allocation was determined? It sure seems like the VCA officers post on every other topic. Why not reply to this thread?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I you think that the VCA Officers are first in line to receive their SRT's, here is my suggestion. If you are not involved with your Regional Club Get Involved. This way you will have atleast
4 years to become well known & respected in the local & national viper community. Then run for national office and see if you are one of the first to take delivery of the Street GTS version. It's only a car. free yourself of the struggle you are having with the fact that your not getting your car first.

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st, no cars would be delivered, until ALL certifications are complete. This reasoning would be based on the fact that all Vipers have been 50 state complient for most, if not all, their life.

2nd, I'm sure how soon your dealer submitted the actual vehicle order came into play. Diligence on their part in getting that Viper order in on a timely basis, when the order process actually started had to be important. I'm sure those that used Woodhouse, and myself, who used Roanoke Motors, had no problems with the dealer diligence issue, as they know how to treat Viper owners (and actually all their customers).

3rd, I have been extremely critical of Dodge, and the "secrets" of what has been going on since early October (when my build date was). However, I have a low VIN, and my Viper is built.

Go figure....

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
OK, here's my .02:

VCA does not control allocation, distribution, sequencing, color selection, Reliable transport, dealer price, .... well, you get the message.

Dodge does.

It would be quite flattering if the VCA Presidents did, in fact, get their Snakes a bit sooner.... and the Presidents surely deserve to be recognized for their hard work and effort... but let's put things in perspective ....

55 Presidents ..... not all qualified ..... others may not have elected to take advantage of the certificate.... so let's say 40 ordered SRT's? (probably less!).... The plant builds approx 5-10 / day .... so your point is that IF Dodge was to recognize these individuals, you're not willing to wait an extra 4-8 days for your Snake? .... and wait a second ... Reliable has to fill a whole truck (and from what I understand, the trucks are filled with geographically local cars) with SRT-10's ... so for every President that in theory would get a car early, there are 4 others that might be bumped ahead in sequence to fill the trailer. Wait, there's more! Dodge built them in blocks of colors, so if a President was to be honored with this gesture .... if he opted for silver... well, looks like you can deduct a few more.

The certificate program was the best thing that could have happened to the VCA AND current Viper owners (thank you Dodge!)... we all got first dibs, on first year SRT's .... but the plant doesn't produce thousands each week (and that's what we love!)... just a handful per day, which means no matter what way you slice it, there will be SRT's being delivered well into 2003. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope that KZ happens shortly.

End of message

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That still did not answer the question. Are the VCA officers getting their cars in the beginning of the build order?. I really do not care if it only affects my car by 4 days or 4 weeks. All i have asked for is a answer? Why won`t anyone give a direct answer?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
That still did not answer the question. Are the VCA officers getting their cars in the beginning of the build order?......Why won`t anyone give a direct answer? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simple and truthful answer to your 1st question:

NOT NECESSARILY, BUT SOME DID.

Your paranoia is amusing, but your rich-boy-gets-what-he-wants whining is annoying, and THAT is likley why you cannot get a cooperative answer to your second question, already asked by you 50+ times here........

JonB. Non officer. Non president. 60th red SRT built, since 9/24/02. KZ soon. Very soon.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blkasp1:
That still did not answer the question. Are the VCA officers getting their cars in the beginning of the build order?. I really do not care if it only affects my car by 4 days or 4 weeks. All i have asked for is a answer? Why won`t anyone give a direct answer?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Direct Answer .... once again:

DODGE dictates build order .... NO ONE has received their car yet ... I guess we'll have a better answer for you when the transporters deliver the cars to the dealers.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off if you want a direct answer maybe you should send a direct question to those individuals? I think Tony, Joe, Rich and Mitch have their e-mail somewhere around here, if not let me know and I will give them to you.

If you are taking a poll, as a FORMER officer and co-founder I have yet to get a call that mine is coming in.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Blkasp1,

Where are you going with this? Call me at 732-531-4600 if you'd like to discuss.

There are over 1400 orders to process, and my guess is only 200 or so cars are produced so far ..... once again, MANY Dodge customers do not have anything other than a BX next to their name on the Dodge computer system.

You want to be first? Well, we ALL want to be first. My guess is that that particular person, whomever that may be.... will be getting a call from his Dealer this weekend. And for the rest of us folks patiently waiting .... we'll keep waiting.... with a smile on our face knowing that we will be one of the select few that will be driving the first model year of this unbelievable supercar!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer, Woodhouse, has not informed me of a Vin #. And since it is January (almost)in Chicago I haven't even called them to see. When it gets in it is in, but driving it won't happen till the spring.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blkasp1: Why don't you quit your whining? I doubt you'll find anyone around this board (besides you) who really cares if the VCA officers got their cars early or not. They deserve to if they didn't for all the work they put into the organization.

I am not a current Viper owner and didn't have access to the certificate program like you did. I didn't like that, but I can understand why Dodge did it. Why don't you just be glad you had a get to the front of the line slip, unlike a lot of us who didn't.
What a crybaby!

I have a deposit down and will get an SRT 10 early in '04. Best I can do.
Dave

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Considering all the work that many officers do , with no pay as this is a voluntary organization, I don't understand why anyone should complain if they did get a little preferential treatment?

The reality is that most of the Officers we have cars ordered for ,are not getting cars any sooner than anyone else.

So, looks like no favoritism,yet I guess I don't understand why you would begrudge those that volunteer their time ( and in many cases considerable funds ) to help our club?

Example:
First 12 cars coming :
1.1 Regional President
2.1 Regional Sec/Treasurer

All others are not present or past officers.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill: Sometimes these people who make those kind of complaints are either people who do not like the VCA for some reason or the Viper so they express it by creating these kind of posts.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BLkASP, I have a VIN # and an order # and am the past president of our region. But why do you think this puts officers etc. ahead of you? I was told not to expect my car until the spring. Not sure why you think having a VIN # is some sort of way to predict the order in which the cars are delivered.
Not quite sure where you are coming from?
baby[1].gif

OP
OP
B

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Aren`t you about to take delivery of 2 SRT`s? Do you really think it`s fair that your family gets 2 cars before others ever see one?

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have one (1) SRT 10 in I-status and the other in D. We may get one before the end of the year or thereafter. Who knows when the other one will be built. I have put seven plus years into the Viper Club first as the Regional President who established our Central and North FL club, then was elected to the position of National President for two years of the VCA and then assigned the position of Southeast Zone Director through next year. My wife was re-elected and continue's to be the Regional President through 2004. If we get an early SRT 10 then I thank DC for it's recognition of our hard work and support of the Viper Club of America.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer last week. He told me my car was in "I" status and I should get it next month (January). I'm extremely excited about this good news! I'm not a VCA officer. I believe I'm getting my car before the current VCA VP who solicits the same dealer. Blkasp, I don't think there is any conspiracy here. Its just the luck of draw.
smile.gif

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm the NE Zone director. I bought both my vipers used, so I wasn't eligible for a certificate, and didn't get one.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blkasp;

I think these folks deserve to get their Vipers early. It sounds as though they are not, and this should answer your question.

Vipers are special machines, and I find it strange that those who work for us are NOT getting them first! They get no pay, and do the best they can to give us what information they are allowed.

Is that so bad?

My SRT is built, and I am in no way associated with any sort of management or VCA pull. I just was at the dealers door when they opened and watched as the order got faxed. I just feel very lucky. I think buying two Viper new probably helped a bit. I had to wait quite a while to get them for what it's worth.

Thanks,

Jim

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know this guy is amazing. When is he just going to give it up? Please stop your whinning as it's annoying to us mature adults! If you need to cry, go watch the Dolphins play. I did yesterday, and as a Miami fan, I cried after their terrible performance in Minnesota. Good by play-offs.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Western Zone DAL, Former Regional president. Like Bill, no VIN yet, but that's OK. I know there will have to be a truckload of Vipers for the PNW before I expect to see one, and not that many were ordered from the PNW. Besides, I waited OVER a year for my 96 GTS, and I was thrilled when it finally got here. I'm sure I will be thrilled again. Later is better- not only price reduction, but it rains here LOTS this time of year. Not real good break-in weather.

I for one, as an officer am NOT pushing for delivery. When it happens, it happens! Thanks Dodge for letting VCA MEMBERS in first.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that there's even a question about any of this. VCA Presidents deserve their cars before the rest of the nation. It's a time consuming job with no pay. If that's the only perk they get, then they deserve it.