How many people here are happy,,,,,

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOO QUIET in stock form. Removed the muffs and replace with straight pipes. The sound was OK, just not enough of it.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See other posts. I changed mine twice until I got a sound I liked.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Well, after 42 miles yesterday and doing the break-in procedure and I like the mellow tone(not sure how long it will last)and so does the the GF.

Love the car and got to meet one of the Viper people yesterday Steve Fess, very helpful and kewl,,,,cool,,, really one of the closest and helpful groups I have seen,,,

GC

ONE PROBLEM, it's raining today, :mad:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy with mine as is - for now. The wife wasn't crazy with even the Snake Oyl rear delete on the GTS and the SRT-10 is noticeably louder than my GTS was stock. I know this as my office sits directly above my Viper in the garage. On those rare occasions when my bride will fire it up to show to a friend or something it REALLY rumbles the my office. I am always surprised - and pleased!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its ok for now but i want to get more miles on it to decide what to do for exhaust. Does not sound mean enough right now.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't wait too many miles. I waited 2000 then realized the 'sandblast effect' on the bottoms (and sides) of the sills was too far gone to 3M clear tape. Everyone has their own idea of what is the right volume for a Viper, but with just straight pipes I can control the volume with my right foot. As I pass by the police station, gentle throttle and they don't even notice. Get around the corner though...and the volume can be cranked! I personally couldn't go back to the quiet (stock) setup.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled my mufflers, like Viperfreak suggested. Sounds a helluvalot better....cost $42...and if you don't like it, change it back!

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang