How much life left on these tires ???

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a 2008 viper and the salesman says there's 75% of life left on the tires. What do u guys think ??

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its doesn't matter...price/condition of the car more important....rear tires really don't last long with 600 hp.I got 7500 miles and bald with my C63 AMG and I don't abuse it at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know why the pic doesn't show !?!? :(

Last edited:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What mileage is on the car.? As stated above condition of the whole car is important...Remember its a Viper and some people tend to abuse these cars no matter the price...You can always have it inspected at a dealership with a good Viper tech if thats possible..It should have the good part of the 3 year warranty too..Good luck and DONT rush to buy something unless your completely satisfied;lots of good buys out there....Kevin

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting around 12,000 miles/set of tires on the Viper. Buying my 3rd set next month. That's a good mix of commuting, and 1st gear WOT action.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much depends on how the car was driven. They are not dated, so that's a good thing. If the salesman claims 75% and they're really 50% (not an unreasonable assumption), then you might want to figure you'll likely get another 5-10G's more (again depending on how YOU'll drive). But this opinion comes from a member who's set worldwide records for tire longevity. :D

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tires are easily replaced....IMO the tread life shouldn't really come in to play hen making a decision to buy the car...

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tires are easily replaced....IMO the tread life shouldn't really come in to play hen making a decision to buy the car...

Ditto. If you want the car and it's in pretty good condition, the condition of the tires shouldn't matter. All that matters is a new set of PS2's costs about $1600. If you can get the salesperson to lower his price because of the tread life of the tires, then so be it.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the pic for you:)

Viper_Tire.jpg

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll I can't believe I'm saying this,but the salesman might be straight with you. It looks closer to 75% then 50% from the photo you have here !!!!

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are the front. the rears always seem to go twice if not 3 times as fast as the fronts.

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have them take that damn bra off while your there! I learned my lesson with my one and only car bra I used after it trapped a ton of dirt and grit on a long trip, and at the same time, rubbed it into the clear coat and paint! They are a horrible invention :nono:

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto. If you want the car and it's in pretty good condition, the condition of the tires shouldn't matter. All that matters is a new set of PS2's costs about $1600. If you can get the salesperson to lower his price because of the tread life of the tires, then so be it.

Only 1600 $ ?? I had a 2007 corvette and to change one rear tire at the dealer was around 600 $....but then again that was canadian money ! :D

Thanks to everyone for your help !!!! Man I really like this forum !! :)

I'll try to put a pic of back tire...might not work

Last edited:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you buy that car take the bra off and do an inspection of the paint. You might have a lot more to worry about than a couple tires.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 1600 $ ?? I had a 2007 corvette and to change one rear tire at the dealer was around 600 $....but then again that was canadian money ! :D

Thanks to everyone for your help !!!! Man I really like this forum !! :)

I'll try to put a pic of back tire...might not work

Yep, only $1600 plus shipping. Check Tirerack.com or Jon. B @ Partsrack.

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way the car has over 13K miles on it ! So I'm thinking these tires that look pretty good might NOT be the original one !!!!!

The first set are probably long gone from all the abuse ! lol :crazy2:

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may sound nuts but I have been driving my Viper with almost baloney skins on the back all winter. You quickly learn how to respect the power of the car when anytime you goose it the back end wants to come on up front. I might have gotten in trouble if the tires stuck better.

The bald tires have forced me to not use the car when it's ugly or wet out, which is probably a good thing too.

I'll be trying out a new pair of Nitto's at the end of the month. Their not PS2's like I have now, but I have heard good things about the Nitto's and they are about $400 less for the set.