How much nitrous do you spray?

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How big of a shot do you spray on your Viper? What kit are you running? How is the car holding up? If you have ran down the 1/4, what times are you running?

Thanks a bunch
wink.gif

Dave

OP
OP
M

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow very impressive. a friend of mine, mike with a white supra said he has seen you run and it was very impressive. so 200 shot, exhaust and headers and you were traping 142? Very nice...how reliable is this setup? How well does the viper motor take the 200 shot? I do live in Fl so i would probably take the car to you...to get a btr/nitrous kit put on. With the head work and cams and the bigger shot of nitrous what are you expecting to trap? I know someone who has a 300 shot, along with exhaust, header, intake and a few other small things and dynoed like 680rwhp....very impressive.

Thanks
Dave

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its easy to run low 11's on pilots with 150rw shot.I've seen 10's on pilots in the BTR drag race video!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
previously, low tens at 142 with nos/propane on stock engine with headers and exhaust and 200 shot. Going to the track soon with headwork and cam change and about 75 more hp worth of spray.

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
"142 with nos/propane on stock engine with headers and exhaust and 200 shot."

laughing2[1].gif
.... "stock engine" ....
bsflag[1].gif

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
previously, low tens at 142 with nos/propane on stock engine with headers and exhaust and 200 shot. Going to the track soon with headwork and cam change and about 75 more hp worth of spray.

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
laughing2[1].gif
Now Tom,
Some of us were born at night.........BUT IT WASN'T LAST NIGHT!!!!!I know, I know, you have a video, witnesses, a big pecker, yada yada yada.

No flame intended,
Max

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ain't nothin but the truth, been there, done that, got the video and the "t" shirt.

We had been spraying 170 hp nos/propane to 138-139 mph averages for over 3 years with the stock internals. Don't take my word for it though, there are lots of customers out there like Lee Saunders, who consistantly runs the same numbers that I do. What about the video of BLS running 10.50's with a 2001 and just nos/propane/exhaust???

Just because some pay more, doesn't mean that they are faster. No flame intended.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

We now have a mild cam and headwork(stage 3) and are looking forward to getting to the track soon. Maybe Max and Gerbil will come too. I will be holding my breath waiting so ask for "blueboy"

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ain't nothin but the truth, been there, done that, got the video and the "t" shirt.

We had been spraying 170 hp nos/propane to 138-139 mph averages for over 3 years with the stock internals. Don't take my word for it though, there are lots of customers out there like Lee Saunders, who consistantly runs the same numbers that I do. What about the video of BLS running 10.50's with a 2001 and just nos/propane/exhaust???

Just because some pay more, doesn't mean that they are faster. No flame intended.

Tom

We now have a mild cam and headwork(stage 3) and are looking forward to getting to the track soon. Maybe Max and Gerbil will come too. I will be holding my breath waiting so ask for "blueboy"

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
bsflag[1].gif
You increased the nitrous from a 170 shot to a 200 shot for another 30 horsepower and made about 5 more miles per hour???????

laugh.gif
Must have been one helluva tail wind!!!!!

NO flame intended,
Max

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This needs to move to the "I'm Bored" topic.

I don't think that we can run 146 mph but i do know of a few vipers that have ran close to 150 and not ran out of the 10's.

One thing is for sure...I will at least run mine at the track to find out what it will do.

Tom

P.S. for gerbil, what gain would I have by inflating numbers or understating performance mods on my car? Customers are smarter than that..and I have several customers whos cars make even more power than my own.

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
previously, low tens at 142 with nos/propane on stock engine with headers and exhaust and 200 shot .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is it possible to run that kind of MPH with the mods you have? I am very interested in what I could run with a 99 RT. I have no mods yet but my warranty will run out next month. Can I run 140 plus on a stock engine?

thanks,
Ross

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AGREED 100%, but hey big guy.. see who bashes who first... over and over and over.... again.......
smile.gif

N20 is the way to go if you only want to go fast in the 1/4.. Other people like it available the other 99% of the time..

peace

Gerald