How much power can a Built Supercharged, Gen3 make? Take a look!

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This was my previous car. It's been a year and the owner wanted to freshen things up. We went through the engine changed a few things. I had the car at an extremely safe level and the customer wanted to see how much the car would make at the thresh hold. So I took it there and thought I'd share our results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0jrv8y2is

We stayed late to finish the car. It was pretty cold out, Maybe 62 or so degrees.AND if you look at the correction factor its .98. So the car uncorrected would have made even more. This car hit twin turbo hp numbers. We were happy.

Todd
A
&C Performance
951-696-0500
[email protected]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
owner is a gambler.....nice power

todd, how close to the edge is that ? how driveable ?

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That thing sounds like a jet engine!

Good job, what's the usual numbers when it's not tuned so aggressively?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
owner is a gambler.....nice power

todd, how close to the edge is that ? how driveable ?

Phil. Todd built that car similar to how he built mine and it is very drivable. I drove mine out to VOI in salt lake. Drives like stock untill you push the gas.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd is good people. Awesome work! :headbang: That engine bay would like better with one of your breather systems Todd. :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Todd. That car looks familiar : >)

That was my old car, that was running a pretty stout Paxton setup on a stock internal engine.

Todd took it to a whole nother level. He built all the internals and beefed up the driveline to handle the additional power.

I saw it again when we met at a restaurant parking lot. When he fired it up the whole world stopped in their tracks. It was the meanest and most ferocious Viper I had ever heard.

Since then he has gone and "Kicked it up another notch".

Todd has the reputation of making high horsepower cars that are still reasonably driveable. These perform both on the dyno and on the street.

While they take more maintenance than a stock Viper, they can still be driven to events and certaintly make a statement.

Congratulations on another fantastic build Todd.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Can you give us an idea of the complete mods list? I see you are still running the air/water IC, that is impressive. I've wondered what kind of power that could support. Was there any methanol/nitrous? Any belt slip issues?

Tony

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Can you give us an idea of the complete mods list? I see you are still running the air/water IC, that is impressive. I've wondered what kind of power that could support. Was there any methanol/nitrous? Any belt slip issues?

Tony

Very interested as well. I'm also particularly curious about drivetrain modifications and if this car can really be run all out at the track without fear of blowing the rear, trans, etc. I know we always risk parts breakage, but I'm unaware of the longevity of drivetrain parts.

Car sounds wicked and your explanation was very professional. Sounds like a great outfit you have out there.

-Carlo

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice numbers. I might need to come in for a more aggressive tune in case I run in to this car on the streets!!

OP
OP
A

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have no problems giving out the mod list:

It's a stock block, 5 over bore with Darton Liners. JE Pistons on this one, Billet rods, A&C Performance Tolerances and ring gaps.
It has JM stage 3 heads with a custom hydraulic cam
2.75 pulley on the paxton with our belt tensioner and 52mm BOV setup
We configured the **** kit differently as far as wiring relays and nozzles. I run a 70/30 mix.
Engine has T&D Rockers
M&M Headers no cats with a corsa.
Gen4 transmission
Mcloud dual disc with MIBA lining, aluminum flywheel
AEM Standalone
A&C Performance built Fuel system: dual pump with basket for low fuel levels, braided line with modified rails and injectors, regulator etc

Every one is different as far as how much timing they want and I wont disclose our tables, BUT I will say with the right plug combo, gap, and timing we are seeing very similiar results on these setups.

No Belt slip at all. We do change alot of the wiring to avoid shortages on pumps etc, run our single and dual relays for the pumps, and yes we are running the stock air to water intercooler with our heat exchanger.

Truth is there is no rocket science to building these 1000 vipers. It's proven combinations, careful and WATCHFUL tuning in between runs (we check plugs on every run....EVERY run) I believe in reading plugs regardless if I do not see knock.

I have it set at a pretty conservative 932rwhp right now with very low timing in my book. It should be able to be beat on all the time any time with this tune. Actually it made 1040 and that was corrected (it was cold, uncorrected it would have made more) It's definately a car that will surprise somebody from an 80mph roll.

We are constantly changing certain things when we build these, but most good shops do :)

Believe it or not, this car has a BONE STOCK rear and has at this kind of power level for over 2 years.

Todd

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Todd, thanks for sharing the info. There really isn't much out there to read about when it comes to Gen 3 Vipers being modded, unlike the GM world where we can find numerous build articles and industry technical discussions.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have no problems giving out the mod list:

It's a stock block, 5 over bore with Darton Liners. JE Pistons on this one, Billet rods, A&C Performance Tolerances and ring gaps.
It has JM stage 3 heads with a custom hydraulic cam
2.75 pulley on the paxton with our belt tensioner and 52mm BOV setup
We configured the **** kit differently as far as wiring relays and nozzles. I run a 70/30 mix.
Engine has T&D Rockers
M&M Headers no cats with a corsa.
Gen4 transmission
Mcloud dual disc with MIBA lining, aluminum flywheel
AEM Standalone
A&C Performance built Fuel system: dual pump with basket for low fuel levels, braided line with modified rails and injectors, regulator etc

Every one is different as far as how much timing they want and I wont disclose our tables, BUT I will say with the right plug combo, gap, and timing we are seeing very similiar results on these setups.

No Belt slip at all. We do change alot of the wiring to avoid shortages on pumps etc, run our single and dual relays for the pumps, and yes we are running the stock air to water intercooler with our heat exchanger.

Truth is there is no rocket science to building these 1000 vipers. It's proven combinations, careful and WATCHFUL tuning in between runs (we check plugs on every run....EVERY run) I believe in reading plugs regardless if I do not see knock.

I have it set at a pretty conservative 932rwhp right now with very low timing in my book. It should be able to be beat on all the time any time with this tune. Actually it made 1040 and that was corrected (it was cold, uncorrected it would have made more) It's definately a car that will surprise somebody from an 80mph roll.

We are constantly changing certain things when we build these, but most good shops do :)

Believe it or not, this car has a BONE STOCK rear and has at this kind of power level for over 2 years.

Todd

Todd, nice job!

How much boost does it take to make 1038 RWHP with a built motor and JM stage 3 cylinder heads?

Could you post a dyno graph for the run? I had a hard time seeing the HP and TQ vs RPM...

Thanks and congratulations!