How Much Trouble To Put Gen3 Front Calipers On A Gen2?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it would be a direct fit(I wouldn't be that lucky) or if it would be a big PITA to do it.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the best way to do this is buy the Comp Coupe spindles, calipers, and rotors (front and rear). They are actually pretty cheap. I believe they bolt right up, you just need to flip the front tie rod upside down. I don't think there is a whole lot more to it. A few guys out here in the San Jose area have had it done at Valaya Racing 408-448-8811. Ask for Ted May.

Here is a thread which discusses this topic.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=455122&Forum=UBB14&Words=comp%20coupe%20brakes&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=455122&Search=true#Post455122

Regards,

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whereas anything is possible, all of the part numbers for the calipers and the steering knuckles they bolt to are differant from gen2 to gen3. Doesn't look good, as the old magic eight ball used to say "all signs point to no".

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike and Tommy. I was hoping they might just bolt on. I like the way the red calipers look. Oh well.