How NOT to leave a car show

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So today at the Houston C&C, after NUMEROUS requests by the C&C management to NOT rev the engines or do burnouts, this future Darwin award candidate in an RT/10 shows (yes you know who you are Mr 001) how not to drive a Viper with cold tires.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nctdoCb2U&feature=player_profilepage[/media]

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a bone head! This is what makes other viper owners look bad. Take it to the track and get some drivers education!!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch that *****, I hope he learned his lesson...

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a vette almost hitting 4 guys doing a burnout closes down the old location and now a fellow viper guy gets us off to a great start at the new one. :rolleyes:

Robert, now you know why I didn't burn 'em up for you and Eddie last spring. I feel I can control my car pretty well but I did not want to be 'that guy'!

Sorry I missed everything this morning. This is getting around. My local hangout tonight a buddie of mine was mentioning a black viper almost wrecking and he wasn't even there.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dufus move for sure

it looked like he was watching the peoples' reaction instead of the road

:nono:

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Robert, now you know why I didn't burn 'em up for you and Eddie last spring. I feel I can control my car pretty well but I did not want to be 'that guy'!

I was just picking on ya then;).

I always got booed leaving the venue in the Galleria because I wouldn't do a burn out:)

Then have to deal with every clapped out Evo/GTO with NOS wanting to race on the way back to Katy. I just give them a thumbs up and wave.

Maybe that "650R" RT/10 will show up in the Woodlands:lmao:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good lord - that was a close driving over some bystanders :crazy2:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky guy, that could have been really bad :rolleyes:
Bet that was a bit of a brown trouser moment :D

So come on then, is he a member on here :)
Was there any damage to the wheels or bumpers? :eater:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he is a member here he should know better. he should "take it to the track"

the dope needs to learn how to drive

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened there ? I couldn't tell if the brake lights came on or not... What actually caused the spin ?

Ricksnake1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really??? I`d be like , Dude! Take it to the track. What if a baby had been crossing the street

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened there ? I couldn't tell if the brake lights came on or not... What actually caused the spin ?

Yeh, like "what happened?" What caused it?
No brake lights - no high rev sounds!
Maybe the driver over-reacted after drifting onto wrong side of the road. :dunno:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, like "what happened?" What caused it?
No brake lights - no high rev sounds!
Maybe the driver over-reacted after drifting onto wrong side of the road. :dunno:

It's a freeway feeder. One way road. I bet old and cold tires on a relatively cool morning for Houston combined with with your observed over-reaction.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like maybe the video starts right after a speed shift that broke traction... Also hard to tell but the left side of the car looks like it torqued way up. I suppose the engine braking when he let off could have caused he car to get unsettled if he didn't have good tires. Sometimes that combined with an uneven expansion joint in the road is all it takes.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just picking on ya then;).

Then have to deal with every clapped out Evo/GTO with NOS wanting to race on the way back to Katy. I just give them a thumbs up and wave.

Maybe that "650R" RT/10 will show up in the Woodlands:lmao:

My skin is so thin I couldn't take it :)

You know those 4 doors scare you.

Most fellas lay low for a while after making youtube and the forums for a massive fail. I know he's from the North side somewhere. Met him at the Kingwood show last year. We'll see!:lmao:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look for a "Hey, I need some new Gen II rims and tires" thread. :rolaugh:

That was embarassing. :drive:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were at least five people walking along side the road to the right of the camera man right where the car goes toward the curb to his right. If the Viper had jumped the curve, they would have been injured or killed. Whoever this was has extremely poor judgment. He needs to grow up and realize that but for some luck he would now be under arrest and facing some serious prison time.

One more thing. If you, the impulsive driver whose actions allowed this now permanent Youtube video to be created, are reading this, you made a fool out of yourself and embarrassed every Viper driver everywhere except one - the person in the red Viper that came out of a tunnel and rear ended another vehicle. Your video may beat his for the "stupid factor".

Also, Lance thanks you.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that could have been so much worse, thank goodness for all those people standing along that road.

That's a perfect example of bonehead thinking...or is it "non" thinking!

Anyway, hopefully he'll remember how lucky he was and not do anything like that again....have respect for the snake or it will definitely bite you!:nono:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is NOT a car to show off in. There are countless threads on this site that clearly show why this is so. This is but one more. Why don't people get this? Do they just want to be one more statistic? It makes me crazy every time I read another thread like this.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper in the video looked exactly like my Viper and really got my attention. It looks like he was extremely lucky for not hopping the curb and hitting someone. I refuse to hate on him too much because sooner or later, most people have a close call. Even a measley 450hp/490lbft torque can catch people by surprise. If he doesn't learn from this and wrecks later, then I will be less sympathetic and may even throw a stone because that would be an epic fail. So for now, I'll just call him a bonehead but he is on double secret probation for you "Animal House"fans.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he let off the throttle to abruptly causing the rear tires to lose traction and to go into a slide.

I once had a guy in a piece of s#$! mustang decide he wanted to line lock it and do a burnout while sitting at a light waiting to leave a cruise night and proceeded to throw hot rubber all over my hood. I wanted to kill him.

When you are in a Viper you do not need to show off by doing a burnout to impress people IMHO. Just the fact that you are in a Viper is enough.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I may just have to save this thread. Since many of you are being extremely critical about this incident and riding this guys butt - you better hope to god you NEVER, once in your life, EVER lose control of your Viper for fear it may be caught on camera. So for the rest of your lives, I hope you have "fun" knowing you have 500 or more horses on tap underneath your right foot but can never ever punch it once. After all, just one simple case of breaking loose your rear tires will be undeniable evidence that you are a moronic, idiotic, careless bonehead without regard for life and property, as has been described in this thread. ;)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that he lost control. It is where he lost control. Anyone who does what he did, where he did it, deserves the criticism he is getting. Minimizing his lack of judgement, impulsiveness, and the risk he took with the well being of others, does not help him or send a good message to the young people who might be reading this thread. If someone wants to take a reasonable risk that fits within their driving skill sets in a safe location, fine. But do not endanger anyone else or anyone else's property in the process.

Well I may just have to save this thread. Since many of you are being extremely critical about this incident and riding this guys butt - you better hope to god you NEVER, once in your life, EVER lose control of your Viper for fear it may be caught on camera. So for the rest of your lives, I hope you have "fun" knowing you have 500 or more horses on tap underneath your right foot but can never ever punch it once. After all, just one simple case of breaking loose your rear tires will be undeniable evidence that you are a moronic, idiotic, careless bonehead without regard for life and property, as has been described in this thread. ;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an ***-clown in all of us but common sense usually keeps it in check until the proper opportunity presents itself, obviously not in this case.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold tires and wheel spin. It really doesn't look like he was doing a burn out, he just got snake bit. Ya it's pretty stupid, but most of you including myself have probably got away with something similar without all the fan fare. Can't really tell if the car was damaged or not, but hopefully he learned his lesson.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960