How often do you change K&N air filters?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search and came up "no matches"..***? Anyway, I've had mine in for a year and a half with about 5,000 miles since I put them on. Anybody's website give the VCA discount? Tanx!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always have 2 or 3 good clean sets around. I change them every 1000 miles or so, and clean/oil the dirty ones. But that's because my Heffner SC'r gets them dirty alot faster. And there is some construction around my home, with more dirt and dust than normal.
They are easy to clean/oil, and cheap enough to have an extra set around also.
Get yourself a cleaning kit, and clean them good. You'll know right away if you should have cleaned them sooner. :2tu:

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N's "filter" better dirty. Not flow better, but filter better.

As I remember, they recommend "not" cleaning them before 25,000 miles (or was it 50K?).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack is $80 the pair 1992-2002. And we have the oiling/cleaning kits in stock at $15 when bought with filters. Keep a spare, clean set and swap em at oilchanges.

We aint getting rich, but if you buy from us at $80, we can pay our bills, support VCA events, you get original K+Ns, OEM ACR equip, SAE-rated and warranteed for V-10 Viper. And a $4,000,000 libility K+N policy to protect / stand behind motors. And we stock the airbox clips that folks are always losing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas