How Often You Scrape Your Front Air Dam?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do it once per 1000 miles.

Unfortunately, since I am getting better "reading" road surfaces, the latter scrapes were more bizarre and some could not have been avoided!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All the time. Sounds worse than it ever is. Buy Turtle Wax "Color back" or Color Guard or some such.

The 2" dam scrapes....the facis is VERY flexible.

Add a 3-fingered aluminum chin-guard and LOSE 1/8" clearance but gain peace of mind. About $140 from FasRack...not PartsRack !

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Eibach springs and the Autoform chinsplitter, the tip of my GTS is 3-1/4" inches off the road... lots of scraping! I used to use the colored wax, This Summer I started using an airbrush with the original base paint and clear urethane... buff it out 48 hours later.. Looks like new after I'm done. Don't be afraid to try this, it not brain surgery and it doesn't take a lot of time. I've even re-cleared some areas on the hood that had some deeper swirls.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost daily
smile.gif
The roads around here ****!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually scrape mine coming through the alley way leaving my house and then I scrape it leaving my office. It have not seen after about 2200 scrapes any appreciable change in the fascia.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am careful.. REALLY careful, and have a few instances with that..but have been able to touch it up so that if looks perfect. However...I was wondering about using one of the cheap clear plastic door edge guards...the ones about 36" long..along the straight part of the air dam. ( you know the ones---they come in gold too, and kids cover every edge of the Hyundais with it) It should just slide on and may be the new layer that scratches....instead of your paint.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just every once and a while. You need to know the exact angle to take things at...practice makes perfect
smile.gif

Laura
I actually had my entire 3 car driveway redone to change the steepness of the pitch, so I wouldn't scrape going into my own garage, the original angle was just way too steep, my house is on a private road, so my driveway now extends right into the street
laugh.gif

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just curious after scraping so many times that I was doing some serious damage to the underside of the car. There was almost nothing of note after thousands of scrapes.

Here are the pictures.

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang