How to Access Sirius ESN # on RB1?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to get this number so I can reactivate my satellite radio. I have the RB1 and in the owners manual it says:

"With the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY position and the radio OFF, press the CD eject and TIME buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. All twelve ESN/SID numbers will be displayed..."

Anyway, as I'm sure I'm not the first to realize, there's no freakin' TIME button. At all.

So, what's the trick to finding this number?

TIA.:beer:

Last edited:

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put radio on, push the sirius/xm button, you should hear the channel 1 constant programming, push the down button to channel "0" and the radio unique number appears, every radio number is unique ! I have heard from many not to renew with Sirius/Xm using a charge card, rather activate to whatever you want to pay (currently about $25 for 6 months or $84 for a year are best prices I have heard about, and have them bill you and send a check ! Once they have your charge card, whenever you hit the termination date and haven't called them days before, they really hit you with the FULL charge and many have said it takes many hours to get this off your charge card...my $.02 good luck , I like their radio service but their customer service can be very trying !

OP
OP
H

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put radio on, push the sirius/xm button, you should hear the channel 1 constant programming, push the down button to channel "0" and the radio unique number appears, every radio number is unique ! I have heard from many not to renew with Sirius/Xm using a charge card, rather activate to whatever you want to pay (currently about $25 for 6 months or $84 for a year are best prices I have heard about, and have them bill you and send a check ! Once they have your charge card, whenever you hit the termination date and haven't called them days before, they really hit you with the FULL charge and many have said it takes many hours to get this off your charge card...my $.02 good luck , I like their radio service but their customer service can be very trying !

I tried this. It automatically goes to ch. 184(Emergency channel). Can't seem to change channels either?

But yeah - You're correct about customer service and credit card info. I've had satellite since '06 on different vehicles and their customer service can be a PITA.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. Called The Tech Department at Sirius and they walked me through it. Rather than writing down the procedure, I just wrote down my ESN number for future reference. They should be able to help you.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i called sirius and gave them the VIN of the car and they were able to activate it that way

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4