How to clean sun block off Gen 2 interior

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's the best method to clean sunblock off a Viper Gen 2 interior. I want to ensure the cleaner does not remove paint or distribute the oils of the sunblock reside.

I was amazed at how much sunblock came off my daughters arm and remains on the door and transmission cover.

JET

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the best method to clean sunblock off a Viper Gen 2 interior. I want to ensure the cleaner does not remove paint or distribute the oils of the sunblock reside.

I was amazed at how much sunblock came off my daughters arm and remains on the door and transmission cover.

JET

You need to use an oil/fat based cleaner - one that breaks down oil and lifts it (an emulsifier). The best (and safest) one I've used is Murphy's Oil Soap...will leave a nice (non-greasy), almost conditioned or moisturized surface afterwards...

Mix 1/4 cup Murphy's in a gallon of warm water - wipe the area with a damp-to-wet terry cloth...

Good Luck!
Jim

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be sure to use a non-aggressive detergent, designed to work on leather and upholstery. Test the product in an inconspicuous place before using it on a visible part of your interior.

I suggest Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner for your seats and dash. I would use Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner on your carpet and suede inserts. I am familiar with both products and prefer them, but I’m sure there are others that will work as well.

Also remember detergents will strip your leather of it's moisture. You will need to re-moisturize the leather after cleaning.

Adam's sells a whole kit for this. The brush works really well. Let me know if I can help.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to use an oil/fat based cleaner - one that breaks down oil and lifts it (an emulsifier). The best (and safest) one I've used is Murphy's Oil Soap...will leave a nice (non-greasy), almost conditioned or moisturized surface afterwards...

Mix 1/4 cup Murphy's in a gallon of warm water - wipe the area with a damp-to-wet terry cloth...

Good Luck!
Jim
Murphy's is excellent stuff! Often used for cleaning saddles with leather that's far more expensive than any covering you'll find in the Viper interior. It's completely safe. Start with more dilution and see how it goes.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i once used saddle soap on a leather steering wheel and it took the smooth top part right off down to the rough leather..so watch out on the saddle cleaners

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang