How to Smoke a TT Supra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran my Supercarclub buddy Faraz,who can drive his TT 12.1@120 all day.
Here's the stuff:355gears;new 345 pilots(bigger is better);Sean Roe's Kevlar clutch assembly,VEC1,alum.flywheel;Balenger headers;Eibachs;TOOFAST airbox.
PS.no juice
cool.gif

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott.... way to go... Looks like with all of those mods you should be in the high 11's w/o da gas.... when r u going back up to the track to test the times?

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beat em by 2-3cars.
Hey SteveO,your big time now,renting Modena's.I just posted(supercarchicago forum) going to GlD Friday 31st,i'm renting the track and will VHT prep 1hr before(we'll have extra 1/2 shafts and kevins towing on hand,it will be the Supecarschicago Shootout,Vette club and viper club welcome.Food court open with prizes for street and slick cars ET and 60fts.We're thinking dancing girls for some hot pics,how bout whipcream shots in the staging lanes,what a way to go!

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, aren't you a tough guy Scott?
laugh.gif

Faraz's only mods are a $300 downpipe (no cats) and a $300 boost controller. 12.1 @ 120mph for those mods is a testament to how potent these little 183ci motors can be.

I'm not about to start another boring flame war here that proves how ignorant viper owners can be, but I think if you want to talk about Supras you shouldn't be talking about ones with under $1k in very simple mods.

I'm waiting on some parts for my car, but I assure you when they arrive and everything gets setup my car will give that 8.0L a run for it's money.

Please spare me the responses stating the my lack of IQ for owning a Supra, my lack of need for attention in my Supra (because everyone knows how important the attention you get in a Viper is - as if life would be incomplete without it), how anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line (my Supra has almost as much invested in suspension work as motor work) and my general stupidity for wanting a sports car other than a Viper.

As for you Scott my friend... you are one of the good guys, but you gotta stop picking on stock twin'd Supras... you should know better.

-m (I own a Dodge too!)

'98 Toyota Supra Turbo 6-Speed - 730rwhp/640rwtq/no spray
'95 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo 6-Speed - For Sale
'93 Lexus SC300 5-Speed
You must be registered for see images

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suspension work for what? A huge single turbo is horrible on a road course or autocross. You would be better off with the stock twins. I assume your talking about suspension work for the 1/4 mile, because that's all high-boost single turboed Supra's are good for. 1/4 mile monsters, given, but that's it.... Oh yeah, and rolling highway races. Might as well be that 10 second K-car....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

P.S. - I do like your rims, though.... Fella's, I gotta give'em credit for good taste every now and then....

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
Ran my Supercarclub buddy Faraz,who can drive his TT 12.1@120 all day.
Here's the stuff:355gears;new 345 pilots(bigger is better);Sean Roe's Kevlar clutch assembly,VEC1,alum.flywheel;Balenger headers;Eibachs;TOOFAST airbox.
PS.no juice
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soooo.... Did you win?

Joe

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i personally dont get into the word wars. and as far as vehicles go; anything can beat anything with the right mods and the right driver. IMHO the supra is simply an unattractive vehicle

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcus Frost:
my lack of need for attention in my Supra <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be registered for see images
That has to be the funniest thing I've heard a ricer say this week. And I've been hearing a lot lately.

Sorry Marcus, Supras are slightly higher on the "I need attention" scale than the viper. From the huge wing to the igloo-water-cooler sized fart can just about everything on the car screams "look at me....please!" Not that I'm against attention getting mind you, I just prefer to keep apples compared to apples.

If Vipers were bought as attention getters they would be comfortable and easy driving (read: corvette) and require no skill whatsoever to drive at limit (read: supra).

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Suspension work for what? A huge single turbo is horrible on a road course or autocross. You would be better off with the stock twins. I assume your talking about suspension work for the 1/4 mile, because that's all high-boost single turboed Supra's are good for.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, and you are speaking from experience, right? Not only is my suspension setup not for drag racing (stiff coilovers, stiff anti-sway bars, and stiff strut tower bars), single turbo Supras do extremely well at track events. It's called throttle modulation and powerband... I really wish you would stop trying to talk about things you really have no idea about.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>1/4 mile monsters, given, but that's it.... Oh yeah, and rolling highway races. Might as well be that 10 second K-car.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do some research before you make such ignorant comments... for cars that are over a decade old with only ~5000 left in existence in this country (not to mention many of those 5000 are automatics and not road raced) I think the Supra does just fine in any performance automotive motorsport.

When was the last time you track'd your Viper? You speak as if you do it every week, and have the experience of Michael Andretti.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marcus Frost on 05-08-2002 at 11:00 AM</font>

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Kids these days.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah - I think with this board it's funny how well people prove the saying "age is a state of mind"

You'd think given the general age on this board ignorance would be less pervasive...

-m

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
Sorry Marcus, Supras are slightly higher on the "I need attention" scale than the viper. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must not spend much time reading this board. I suggest you go back and read the last 10 "I love my new Viper" type posts. Somewhere in the midst of it you will see that one of the key elements in owning a Viper to people on this board is how much attention they get. This is nothing new or surprising.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>From the huge wing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wing comes from the factory and serves very functional purpose given the aerodynamic design of the car. Do I need to start posting pictures of Vipers with wings twice as high as that of Supras?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>to the igloo-water-cooler sized fart can just about everything on the car screams "look at me....please!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you knew cars you would know that to minimize exhaust gas flow restriction on a car that has a turbo the size of mine - you need an exhaust who's piping is at least 3.75". This has been researched and tested thoroughly. Vipers with just exhaust and no cats are still much louder than my car, and the noise they make attracts a lot more attention than a barely visible muffler on my car.

Let me go use a 2" pipe so I can lose 50rwhp just to make you happy, ok?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Not that I'm against attention getting mind you, I just prefer to keep apples compared to apples.

If Vipers were bought as attention getters they would be comfortable and easy driving (read: corvette) and require no skill whatsoever to drive at limit (read: supra).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL - to my instructions above, please add the impressions Corvette owners get when they sell their cars for Vipers. The number one thing they will say is different over the Vette is how much more attention the Viper generates over their "see one everyday" vette. Give me a break.

In regards to "no skill whatsoever to drive at limit" - that is a purely ignorant statement that has no basis whatsoever. You have never driven a fast Supra down the 1/4 (I'm not talking BPU, I'm talking 650+rwhp) so PLEASE spare me comments like this. You make yourself look really immature.

And finally - (this is my real "******* " part of this post) - thanks for calling me a ricer - not only does my "little ricer mobile" Supra cost more than all of your cars put together, but it has 10 times the build quality and engineering of all your cars put together as well. Don't come on a thread and insult me with stupid stereotypes like "ricer" until you can at least obtain a high school diploma and achieve higher employment opportunities than a shift manager at McDonald's. Not only have you proven by that comment that you are indeed a knuckleheaded ignorant ***** , but that you have no clue what the hell rice is to begin with. I see domestic cars with rice every god **** day that look just as bad - if not worse - than import rice.

-m

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marcus Frost on 05-08-2002 at 11:08 AM</font>

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rdustman:
i personally dont get into the word wars. and as far as vehicles go; anything can beat anything with the right mods and the right driver. IMHO the supra is simply an unattractive vehicle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for a very level headed reply. I do not expect anyone on this board to want a Supra, or fall over for it's looks. I could care less what people's opinions are on this board about a Supra's looks. If you think it is unattractive you are totally entitled to your opinion. I have some negative opinions on the Viper too, but out of respect for those on this board whom I do respect, I will keep them to myself.

Regardless of the Supra's looks - it's capabilities given it's small 183ci motor and decade old engineering are nothing short of remarkable in my opinion and any car that can achieve the kind of performance this one (the Supra) can, deserves, at minimum, respect for this ability.

Do you see what you got me into Scott?

-m

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the supras can be made quick. Anything can be made quick...

I had a 3000GT VR4. supra guys always talked big but none of them could ever touch a VR out of the hole.. AWD hooked like nothing else on earth. Granted the pea-shooters the american versions had sucked, 15gs usualy remedied that situation. You run a Stealth TT, so you know all about it.

Yes... vipers have big, heavy v10's. There also natrualy aspirated. We rely on cubes to accomplish the same effect as your twin turbo mill... more air into the cylinders. Given the amount of air into a cylinder, how many cubes does a TT supra motor equate to NA?

Drive a supra down the street, people think nothing of it. Drive a viper, and people stop in the streets.

Wasn't it one of the fastest supras that took untill 4500 to make those turbos spool? LOL... a 5 second '60 with a 9.90 ET hahahahah

MadMaxx

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, your ricer Supra costs more than all of the Vipers on the Viper board. That must be one fantastically expensive Supra. And you call us uneducated?

BTW, since you are now coming to the Viper site and trying to denigrate us by indicating that we have failed to finish high school, you must have a need to go to the Ferrari board and claim that they have not yet finished grade school. If the logic continues - the more expensive the car the less educated and lower earning power???

Take you ricer mobile and its 3.75 inch tail tucked under its rear and get the heck out of here.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dr. Speed I think that was a personal reference towards me and my -current- personal collection of cars. I will concede that yes your Supra probably costs more than all mine combined. That's about where my courtesy stops. Now where should I begin...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>In regards to "no skill whatsoever to drive at limit" You have never driven a fast Supra down the 1/4 (I'm not talking BPU, I'm talking 650+rwhp) so PLEASE spare me comments like this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've driven a Supra at limit and I'm telling you to your face that they don't require nearly as much skill as the viper does. Period. As for a 650hp Supra show me a stock version putting out those numbers and we'll talk, until then they're still just another camaro with a big wing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> not only does my "little ricer mobile" Supra cost more than all of your cars put together <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You wanna compare titles sometime I'll pull out all 16 of mine and you bring yours. We'll add-up for pinks. I could use a new bird feeder.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> you can at least obtain a high school diploma and achieve higher employment opportunities than a shift manager at McDonald's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm not even dignifying that with an response.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Not only have you proven by that comment that you are indeed a knuckleheaded ignorant ***** <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but this knucklehead still has a little respect left on this board.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> but that you have no clue what the hell rice is to begin with <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure I do. Prime example directly above. Go back to the kids, they'll be impressed with you there.

I've dedicated my life to knowing what I'm talking about in the cockpit of a car and I'm hear to learn something about my favorite example of automotive force. Not to hear another ricer proclaiming the glories of TwinTurbo over CID. As for me I have better things to do than justify myself any more to the likes of you. You want your props and dignity? EARN IT! I may not have my dream today, but when I do achieve it, meet me on the track and talk your **** . Then we'll see who's who.

Status
Not open for further replies.