how's the viper on long drives

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how\'s the viper on long drives

sold my vette (sad day) and picked up a viper (2001 sapphire blue GTS)i love this car!.I enjoy the 200 mile trip from the bay area to tahoe (uphill,sometimes hot,sometimes stop n go) will the snake dig this type of drive as much as i do ?...thanks from a one week old viper driver...dave

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: how\'s the viper on long drives

yeah, the car is not too bad but on long trips one side of your butt can get tired and that has to do with the pedals being to the left a bit.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i've driven mine on some longggg trips and it was awesome.. top off the whole wait.. loved every minute of it..

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I drove my 2001 cross country last November. Best trip I ever made. I averaged 23+ miles per gallon and even made it back from Missourit to S. Cal in about 16 hours. Never a problem and no discomfort.

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

cool. i'm not worried about my personal comfort i was thinking more about the beast....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The beast is tough. I just spent 5 days driving from Tampa to West Texas and back. 3,500+ miles. While in Texas we cruised at 175mph for a sustained length on a closed track. Not one problem. The Viper is the most awesome car ever built.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't worry about the car - my longest effort was approx 5 hour drive from Monterey to Thunderhill track - 95 degree type weather at Thunderhill all weekend - car was flawless - loaded it up at the end of the day Sunday and drove it home. THIS IS ONE TOUGH DODGE

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Drove more than ten-thousand miles in one year (5 month hibernation). Last weekend more than 1,000 miles and on my way back I had 400 miles in under 3h45m...not the slightest problem so far (besides the yellowing side sills)
BURNOUT.gif

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We've been in ours for up to 8 hours per day on trips. Absolutely no problems or complaints. There's something different about driving a Viper. It never gets old. Throw in some headers and pretty much straight through exhaust and you've created a 'driving experience'

Steve

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And I thought I would be the only Dave with a 2001 Sapphire GTS!!

I actually drove my GTS from Scottsdale, AZ all the way to Indiana...1800 miles or so in three days. I got about 23 MPG and had a blast - car drove great and was comfortable the whole trip. Car drove like a dream on the highways... Same thing when I recently took the car from IN to Carlisle, PA and back...no problems, good gas mileage, and it took a few days to get the grin off my face from the fun...

It's a car (just happens to be a fast, bad a$$ car)- drive it and enjoy it!

Dave

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only issue with long cruises in a Viper is self-restraint. Left to its own devices, the car will drive all day between fillups at 140mph.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
The only issue with long cruises in a Viper is self-restraint.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have that problem pulling out of my garage. Can you imagine what would happen on long trips? Anyone say "bail money"?

From what i can tell so far the car is solid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte