huh? i just did the cags mod and now...

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a ses light
biggrin.gif

now, i _know_ i did the mod correctly and i used what i found on the internet to be the correct resistor value - 2.2k ohms at 1/2 watts.

i cant just unplug the solenoid because it will set a light on a odb 2 cars- and mine is such. so i did plug in a 2.2k ohms resistor and i am _positive_ i did it right (i rechecked it when i got the first ses). and i do know i unplugged the correct solenoid since i now can shift into 2nd when the upshift light comes on.

3 questions:

1. do i have to reset the computer? i assume i cant just unplug the ecm fuse and wait, i have to disconnect the battery- correct?

2. how do i display the codes? i tried cycling the ignition 2-3 times and leaving it on (no motor running), but no flashes

3. lastly- is there a table somewhere of codes and what they mean?

man, i feel stupid..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nevermind. the ses light went out. i guess the computer needed to "get used" to the resistor. which makes me think that even when the ignition is off, there is voltage in the cags circuit and unpluging the solenoid results in a ses (even if you simply plug it back in after that) and after certain time or ignition cycles the cags malfunction code is cleared.

alex
02 gts
few other cars

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about the 2.2K value? Sounds like way to high of a resistance value... I'd expect something in the 50 to 200 ohm range. Have you measured the resistance of the solenoid?

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did my search on the internet (no, i did not bother to measure the solenoid R) and the consensus was the you can use either a 200 ohm (or so) resistor that will heat up very quickly but will work fine due to the fact that cags is active only for few seconds) or you can use a 2.2k 1/2 watt resistor which will not heat up.

so i went with the 2.2k resistor..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness