Hydraulic Brake Bleeders

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I purchase a Hydraulic Brake Bleeder for the viper? The ones that you fill with brake fluid, pump the pressure and screw onto the brake fluid resevoir. Does anyone have a suggestion to were I can purchase one. I have found several in my Porsche and BMW magazines. But, I dont' know if they are specific to those cars or if they are pretty much universal?
Thanks for any help you guys can give me. :confused:

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I purchase a Hydraulic Brake Bleeder for the viper? The ones that you fill with brake fluid, pump the pressure and screw onto the brake fluid resevoir.

That's the tough part. You can get the universal clamp down type pracically anywhere, but finding the screw on cap part of it is hard. Miller Tools is the manufacturer for the screw on cap (do a search for brake bleeder cap miller tool) and one of the members on here actually sold it at one time as part of his budding business (HI-PO engineering?).

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, that's what I was concerned about. I was also thinking about checking and seeing if the break resevoir opening on my GTS is is the same as the Porsche/BMW. Then I could buy the hydraulic bleeder and just use it on the Viper. I don't know what my chaces are of the opening being the same. Probably slim to none.
Thanks for you response.
Are the "universal clamp down type" good?

OP
OP
T

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your imput! :cool:
I think I will just do the old fashioned two person system. :2tu:

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy. Motive Bleeder. They now make a cap that fits the Viper reservoir. Not just the universal one. It ends up being a Ford 3 prong cap that fits "non ABS Vipers". The ABS reservoir changed and I think all you can do is use the universal.

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote is also on the Motive power bleeder. I have used it on Porsche's and Audi's for years and recently purchased the adapter from them a couple of months ago. Check out www.motiveproducts.com Pressure bleeding is a lot better than vacuum bleeding. MGH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96