hydrolock

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone experienced hydrolock, which means an injector stayys on and blows 2 pistons on a 05 viper, i understand this is a comon issue with the viper. any help would be appreciated

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone experienced hydrolock, which means an injector stayys on and blows 2 pistons on a 05 viper, i understand this is a comon issue with the viper. any help would be appreciated

Why do you thnk it is a common problem or one unique to Vipers? Not something I have heard about or experienced.

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a mechanic read it on his computer he uses on repairing vipers.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as i know fuel won't do it.You can get hydrolock when something is machined badly or a gasket fails and coolant enters a cylinder while sitting and damage occurs when you try to start. Or you under estimate the depth of a stream or large puddle and your 4x4 or car without a snorkle ***** water in throught the intake.

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the computer says it happens often on vipers, ill try to get more info on what computer he is using.

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
talked to chuck today and he comfirmed it could when injector gets hung up, just like water,too much gas will do the same thing. thanks for heads up.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Never heard of this either.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In theory, yes, but I have never heard of it happening on any viper. All data makes no mention of it.

Robbie

So let me be the first to tell you that it can/does happen on a viper. Not overly common unless you run water/**** or straight water (to supplement forced induction). hydralock = a rod bends. Been there... done that... replaced the rod.

Oh... i don't report to All Data. :)

JD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc