I am picking up my Cream Puff soon...

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to all parties, all I can say is "a GOOD deal".
redface.gif

Give them a call at Woodhouse, and they will give you a good deal. (800)889-1893. Bill Pemberton is the man who handled my transaction.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's just a common sales strategy.

Every sales person is going to tell you he/she is giving you a super special deal and they usually don't sell for such a low amount. Plus, they will ask you not to tell anyone. Since I gave Bill my word for not telling, I am keeping my words.
smile.gif
Plus, I am happy with my deal either way.
laugh.gif

So, call Bill and he will give you his super special deal!
laugh.gif

Come on! There has to be at least one pretty single lady that would want ...
laugh.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowC5:
I think it's just a common sales strategy.

Every sales person is going to tell you he/she is giving you a super special deal and they usually don't sell for such a low amount. Plus, they will ask you not to tell anyone. Since I gave Bill my word for not telling, I am keeping my words.
smile.gif
Plus, I am happy with my deal either way.
laugh.gif

So, call Bill and he will give you his super special deal!
laugh.gif

Come on! There has to be at least one pretty single lady that would want ...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info.

Not all people are interested in prices to buy a car but for comparisson to see if their cars are holding value.

By the way for anyone interested there is an R/T 10 2001 for $67,000.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any kind Viper owners between Omaha, NE and Seattle, WA who would like to get together on my trip back?
smile.gif

Of course, you are welcomed to invite pretty single ladies.
tongue.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
Gary,

With all due respect,

WRONG!

These engines are definitely bulletproof, BUT, when Herb talks....we listen!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
The car does come with synthetic, but it is VERY important to get that "old" oil out quickly ....

I believe at the 200-400 mile mark would probably work?

Where are you picking it up?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are absolutely killing me!
crying.gif

To break-in or not??
confused.gif
confused.gif

I don't know if I can arrange for an oil change before I get home...

I think my plan is to get use to the car (a few hundred miles?), then just drive it back home, then an oil change...

If mine turns out to be too much of a cream puff, then it will have to visit LPE next year.
laugh.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won;t get into "he said, she said", but allow me to place my vote in the "carefully follow break in procedure" column. There is a reason that the manufacturer suggests this. Also, try and change the oil at the 200 mile mark. My 2000 had considerable metal on the drain plug at 200 miles,(magnetic) but none I have noticed since.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say break it in if you are going to keep it for a while. If not. . . Let 'er rip.
smile.gif

Remember. Its a car that isn't going to be worth anything in the future. If it breaks . . . Fix it.
smile.gif
If it breaks then you will have to get something that can handle your punishments.
Why baby a piece of machinery. It was meant to be run.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright... I have decided.

I am going to just drive around Woodhouse until I get close to 200 miles. Then get my oil change at Woodhouse.
smile.gif

Ya know, I have to cruise for single babes.
laugh.gif

If I don't get **** kittens pawing all over my big bad snake during my trip, I am selling my cream puff when I get back!
laugh.gif

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us remember that COOL cars dont get chicks. This Girl at work opted to go to lunch in my computer-nerd buddies Miata because it's a convertable. Im not so lucky to have a miata. I had to get the GTS.
smile.gif

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at the Viper manual and heres what they say about the break in time.

0-200 miles: 10-20 60 foot launches (dropping the clutch at 4 grand)

200-600 miles: high speed runs in second gear averaving 90 MPH in second gear.

600-1200 mile: 12-24 40 foot burn outs within this 600 miles.(doughnuts optional) Make sure not to go below 5500 RPM and dont use any gear higher than 3rd.

ha ha ha

Your 200 mile IDEA seems like a good compromise for getting that BAD oil out and keeping a peace of mind.

smile.gif
Good LUCK.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very excited... I am picking up my cream puff in 2 days!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

I had a hard time falling asleep. I am not sure if it's the cream puff or if it's the babes to come...
laugh.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Gary I have a Miata and a Viper and I still can't pick up cute chicks ---- my wife told me I would be in BIGGG trouble !

Okay, guys, I know the fact that I no longer have a chin, have Dunlap's disease, am losing my hair, and have hair growing out my ears ( god, I hate that ) might have a little to do with it, too.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, you could always transplant that ear hair on the top of your head. That way, you could hear what you are thinking.

(Hey, Tony. What happened to my "Proud VCA Member" moniker??)

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlowC5

Your request for a single **** female has yet to be fulfilled, l'm married , seems like l don't fit your criteria. But l will go with you anyway, if you are willing to pay for a return flight from Australia?
laugh.gif

l own a business in Melbourne, Australia called THE911FACTORY(VIPERFORMANCE) we import Porsches and Viper's and Prowler's from the States and we convert the steering from left hand drive to right hand drive for the Australian market. Chrysler have been in discussion with us in relation to doing Viper's for them next year, we have had the engineer's from Detroit out here in Australia to see our workmanship.

Jennifer

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you only mentioned that you are married, I am assuming that you are **** then, right?
laugh.gif
Round trip from Australia is not a problem at all, but you will have to post for photographs and let me share them with our Viper friends. You are welcomed to take my offer, but given the situation and dates, there probably isn't any plane ticket available.
tongue.gif

Question: Porsche makes lots of right hand drive, so why do you want to convert?

De'puffing has already started... Evil Viper enthusiasts convinced me that I need,
K&N
Smooth tubes
Corsa cat-back
pissed.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THUNDER DOWN UNDER:
SlowC5

Your request for a single **** female has yet to be fulfilled, l'm married , seems like l don't fit your criteria. But l will go with you anyway, if you are willing to pay for a return flight from Australia?
laugh.gif

l own a business in Melbourne, Australia called THE911FACTORY(VIPERFORMANCE) we import Porsches and Viper's and Prowler's from the States and we convert the steering from left hand drive to right hand drive for the Australian market. Chrysler have been in discussion with us in relation to doing Viper's for them next year, we have had the engineer's from Detroit out here in Australia to see our workmanship.

Jennifer

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlowC5

In reply to your question on why anyone would want to import a Porsche from the states?

We import Porche's from California on the request of the client. These vehicle's we import are generally early 911's, rust free. Most of these vehicle's are not only converted to right hand drive, but we fully restore from ground up. Also our services include Targa to Cabriolet conversions, wide body updates and so on. By the time the vehicle's are finished they are like brand new, and because of our reputation for quality in workmanship here in Australia they hold there value and are well sought after.We also import / convert and compliance 87-90 Turbo models that were never supplied to the Australian market .

l hope that answer's that question.

In reply to your other question. Am l ****? damned right l am.
laugh.gif

cheers

Jennifer

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jennifer,

Stop taking all those Porsches away from us.
tongue.gif

I have been hunting for a C2 turbo for a while and I decided to go with a cream puff for now.
redface.gif

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlowC5

It's not the Porsche's that you have to worry about, The Viper's and the Prowler's are currently taking over our workshop.

You asked me if lm ****, what about you? surely your not just going to rely on your car to pull in the babe's.

Jennifer
laugh.gif

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me? If you really want to know, I guess you will have to come find out.
laugh.gif
So, do you have time for the road trip?
tongue.gif

I can tell you I get in "trouble" a lot...
laugh.gif

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, l said that l didn't have to go anywere to get into trouble.

how was l supposed to know that SlowC5 was married? not that that makes any difference, so am l.
confused.gif

OK l will go easy on him .......for starter's.

Jennifer

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
I am frisky and a flirt by nature, not that there is anything wrong with that.

what are you doing up at this time of night? are you waiting on delivery of a new viper as well?

jennifer
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRISKY LADY-

ME, up at this time of night? I'm a night owl.
As far as waiting for my new Viper, I've got my
dream machine.

AND BY ALL MEANS, FLIRT AWAY!!!!!!!
embarass.gif
Someone needs to wake
these old men up anyway.

Just kidding guys!

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew it, Jennifer is a true trouble maker and admits it as well!
tongue.gif

The wait is very hard! I really couldn't sleep. It's 3:55am right now. I need my cream puff...

Me married?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I ran out of things to think about, so I started thinking about license plates.

"CRM PFF"
"NEED TT"
"DA PUFF"

laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960