I can finally post on Western Canada VCA

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been able to post in my home forum until today thanks to Chris-Y2K5SRT. Thanks again Chris. And thanks to Shane Crompton for prompting me.
Now I can let you know what is happening to my 2001 GTS. I bought it in Bluffton, SC in oct. 07. Got it back to Red Deer, AB and drove it for a month until snow flew. Was very impressed with 10 lb Roe Supercharger but it had too much blow-by(oil pushing into air box. Had it rebuilt over winter(Wisco forged pistons, Manley rods, Comp cam, decked block, honed sleeves true,etc.). It never ran properly all summer. Went to Mopar Meet at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton and bes time was 11.28 @ 128 MPH. Anyway, I took it to Lightspeed in Red Deer this fall and they put it on dyno to tune it and it started blowing anti freeze out. Pulled motor again and found loosse sleeve. sent block to Texas and they found 2 more bad sleeves. Should have block back this week and hopefully get it on the road by the time the street sweepers have the gravel cleaned up.
One good thing is we went to 3 car shows and won 2 firsts(1980 and newer against 'stangs, 'vettes, etc.) and one second to an SSG.
Ron

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg::omg::omg:

OOOOOO this is gonna be a fun summer... Vipers coming out of the woodwork everywhere!!!

Nice year by the way;)

PS. checked out your profile, nice taste in older cars too. Check out mine, we've met before.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.Well i guess welcome to the posting part of the forum it would be.Keep us posted on the progress need to make sure you are around for what ever date we pick for the first weekend get together.

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The saga continues. The motor got hung up at the border and it just showed up at Lightspeed.:(Hopefully they will hussle to get it together now.:dunno: The weather is supposed to turn nice this weekend and the street sweepers are getting the main streets cleaned up.:cool: I guess I will have to practice gear jamming with the Six Pack.:drive:

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad its warming up their. We are supposed to get rain all day and then 5 to 10 cms of SNOW tonight. Yikes.

Since you are just east of us we will send the warm air your way. We are supposed to be +18(65) on Sunday so you should have it about Tue. or Wed. depending on where you are at. If you live north of Saskatoon I may not be able to help you....:(

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The saga continues. The motor got hung up at the border and it just showed up at Lightspeed.:(Hopefully they will hussle to get it together now.:dunno:

Well, hopefully, the engine saga will end next week. They started putting the motor back together and screwed up a headgasket. I SPECIFICALLY told them to call me if they had to order any more parts as I could overnite them from Parts Rack or Woodhouse. They went ahead and had them MADE. Another 10 days gone (15 days if I hadn't come along and insist they ship it overnite). Then they called me yesterday and wanted more money!!!! I asked them how much and thats when I flipped. They called back and tried to explain. I told them when I had calmed down I would come and see them. We came to a compromise and as I left yesterday they had the motor in the car and were putting the supercharger on.
At least they took lots of pics when they tore it down because after 6 months they forgot a lot of where things belonged.

I have always believed in keeping your money locally, but this is one case where I am really kicking myself for not taking the car to Davenport in Calgary.:buttkick::buttkick::slap:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well least with this post we know how the local company wants our money so i will go outta town when i need work done.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ouch. Nearly time to start doing your own work? The few shops I trust are too far away to get much help from them anyway (Florida, Calif, new york).

Best of luck to you and hope to meet you this summer. Your engine sounds comparable to mine, what's the rwhp and torque ratings?

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch. Nearly time to start doing your own work? The few shops I trust are too far away to get much help from them anyway (Florida, Calif, new york).

Best of luck to you and hope to meet you this summer. Your engine sounds comparable to mine, what's the rwhp and torque ratings?

Ted

It is running!!! R/T10 and GTS discussions, Help!!! Gen 2 valve...
He wants me to break it in first. just tuned it to 4500 RPM. Found out accelerator sensor is bad. Flickers on and off fuel even when backed completely off fuel. But I am on my way to Three Hills to a car show!!!:drive: See pics on above thread.
Must run. Look forward to seeing you this summer too.:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You mean Throttle Position Sensor (TPS?). There is no acceleration sensor.

If you're meaning that the idle speed goes up and down without throttle being applied that could be the Air Idle Speed (AIS) motor.

I posted an engine pic on your other thread

Ted Hlokoff

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean Throttle Position Sensor (TPS?). There is no acceleration sensor.

If you're meaning that the idle speed goes up and down without throttle being applied that could be the Air Idle Speed (AIS) motor.

I posted an engine pic on your other thread

Ted Hlokoff

Nice matching covers and air tubes.:2tu::2tu:

You are right. He did say Throttle Position Sensor.
It actually pops in the exhaust when no throttle being applied(small backfires). He also saw on his computer when we road tuned it that the throttle had small fluctuations when I was holding it steady.
Ron

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice matching covers and air tubes.:2tu::2tu:

You are right. He did say Throttle Position Sensor.
It actually pops in the exhaust when no throttle being applied(small backfires). He also saw on his computer when we road tuned it that the throttle had small fluctuations when I was holding it steady.
Ron

Easy enough to change the TPS, it's just two screws. Probably same part as what's used on pickups etc.

My exhaust also pops on decel. I think some/most of that is because I removed the cats.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy enough to change the TPS, it's just two screws. Probably same part as what's used on pickups etc.

My exhaust also pops on decel. I think some/most of that is because I removed the cats.

Ted

I will go down and pick one up in AM. Thanks Ted.:2tu:

Ron

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will go down and pick one up in AM. Thanks Ted.:2tu:

Ron

You're welcome. Mine uses 2 torx screws so if you don't have a torx screwdriver ... (think it's the older headlight adjustment size).
Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery