I Dodged a HUGE Bullet Yesterday

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going down the freeway at a leasurely 100mph when this white car gets all over my butt. I assume that its a another guy trying to prove himself.

I give it a little gas and hit 125 when the lights go on! I just about died. It was an unmarked car and he had me dead to rights.

He comes up to the window and asks me what my hurry was. I stammerd that I did not know he was a cop and thought he was messing with me. I told him that I usually get away from guys like that since it usually gets unsafe. He says that I could be charged with Reckless Driving and he can impound my car. I apologize profusly.

He then tells me to slow it down and leaves! I cannot believe my luck. I am going to slow down for awhile (Yea Right!).

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky Lucky--You are probably still sweating over that one.

Read about the tropper that pulled over a older man in a old pick up on south 65 south of Louisville Ky. Trooper goes up to the door of the truck and ask the older man if he had any I.D. The man responded--ABOUT WHUT. :D He didn't get a ticket.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, That's wild. He probably just wanted to see a Viper jump on it, and then gave you a break because you were a nice guy. He's probably told the story a few times himself.

Cops like fast cars too.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We've got unmarked Charger R/Ts and Mustangs (w/ stripes) here in Charleston.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend's mom had an unmarked police car tailgate her for miles on a lonely stretch of freeway. She was doing the speed limit. She changes lanes to let him pass... he gets behind her. As the miles go by, she starts thinking the guy behind her means to do her harm and freaks out. She speeds up, he speeds up. This goes on for miles she at some point got over a hundred.

THEN the lights go on.

By the time the trooper gets to her car, she's half balling from the fear and yelling from the anger. She gets him tripping all over himself... embarrassed and probably afraid of a complaint, he runs off, tail tucked behind his legs without even asking for license and registration.

Moral of the story... unmarked police cars should be BANNED for traffic/highway enforcement. The good guys should have nothing to hide.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend's mom had an unmarked police car tailgate her for miles on a lonely stretch of freeway. She was doing the speed limit. She changes lanes to let him pass... he gets behind her. As the miles go by, she starts thinking the guy behind her means to do her harm and freaks out. She speeds up, he speeds up. This goes on for miles she at some point got over a hundred.

THEN the lights go on.

By the time the trooper gets to her car, she's half balling from the fear and yelling from the anger. She gets him tripping all over himself... embarrassed and probably afraid of a complaint, he runs off, tail tucked behind his legs without even asking for license and registration.

Moral of the story... unmarked police cars should be BANNED for traffic/highway enforcement. The good guys should have nothing to hide.

If some cop did that to my wife I'd get a nasty attorney after him, or deal with him after hours myself. That's [******]

Remember a few years back some state trooper here in FL pulled a lady over on the turnpike, killed her and left her body in the woods.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Get my story...

3:00am I am going south I-95 at 135mph on my Porsche 996, pissed drunk. (I know I was a ***** and never again...)
All of a sudden, night turns into day, I thought I was being abducted by aliens!!! turns out it was the police chopper!!

I thought he just wanted me to slow down, so I did.. I pulled over to the right and did 55.. light still on me... Sucker wanted me to stop and wait for a unit to come grab me!! So what did I do? instead of stopping or even turning towards South Beach, I turn to the airport and floor it!! the chopper followed for less than a minute, then I guess it had to get traffic control clearance and I was nowhere to be found. I remembered that strategy from my sport bike days. I parked in the garage, and hopped in a cab for a $30 fare.

I swear by everything I hold sacred this is a true story.. LOL

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Downtown Greenville SC in the silver Viper. Right in front of the Bi-Lo Center, just past the LEC (Law Enforcement Center) I line up next to a GNX. Then a Vette pulls up on the other side. Three wide at the red light we all start revving....My buddy is yelling GO FOR IT! The light turns green and me and the Buick leave the Vette in the dust. Up to about 75mph when I see alternating lights in my rearview. CRAP! He was right behind me at the light. Unmarked Crown Vic. Me and the Buick get pulled and after much appologizing, we both get tickets for "improper start". HA! $100 and NO POINTS! The Vette, having lost so bad pulled into a lot in front of us watching us get written up. I bet he thought he was gonna see us put in cuffs. Double loser.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great story! What kinda police car was keeping up w/u at 125?

police here are useing the new charger R/T

One of the towns around Atlanta are now using the Magnum SRT8. All black with blacked out windows. Great looking!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"3:00am I am going south I-95 at 135mph on my Porsche 996, pissed drunk. (I know I was a ***** and never again...)
All of a sudden, night turns into day, I thought I was being abducted by aliens!!! turns out it was the police chopper!!
I thought he just wanted me to slow down, so I did.. I pulled over to the right and did 55.. light still on me... Sucker wanted me to stop and wait for a unit to come grab me!! So what did I do? instead of stopping or even turning towards South Beach, I turn to the airport and floor it!! the chopper followed for less than a minute, then I guess it had to get traffic control clearance and I was nowhere to be found. I remembered that strategy from my sport bike days. I parked in the garage, and hopped in a cab for a $30 fare.
I swear by everything I hold sacred this is a true story..."

and an interesting public confession unless, of course,you are BSing us. See Florida Statutes Sections 316.192 and 316.1935. I assume that you are BSing.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago when I lived in Louisville Ky it was eary morning, wasn't paying attention, and I didn't stop at a four way.

Saw lights flashing in the rear view, pulled over and the policeman said that I did not stop. I pleaded guilty and he said "didnt you see the cruiser setting at the four way stop". I responded--"No officer ,if I had seen you I would have stopped". He lowered his head laughed a little and said -"go On." I guess honesty payed off on that one.

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful not every one that pulls you over is a cop. We've had 4 reported instances here of an imposter pulling over both females and males. Even had one young kid cuffed in his back seat for a while. Some thing spooked him and he let the kid go.
CB

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
"3:00am I am going south I-95 at 135mph on my Porsche 996, pissed drunk. (I know I was a ***** and never again...)
I swear by everything I hold sacred this is a true story..."

and an interesting public confession unless, of course,you are BSing us. See Florida Statutes Sections 316.192 and 316.1935. I assume that you are BSing.

I wasn't fleeing a police officer, there were no lights behind me and for all you know it was the news chopper shining a spotlight on me. A driver is not supposed to stop or do anything because of a helo's spotlight.

Therefore, there was no "fleeing from a cop" because there was none.

Nevertheless, I am in no way shape or form trying to excuse the actions... but oh well, we all do dumb things in life, especially when we are young. Learn, move on.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zorro: From your own story: " thought I was being abducted by aliens!!! turns out it was the police chopper!!"

Like I said, I assume that you were BSing us.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Zorro: From your own story: " thought I was being abducted by aliens!!! turns out it was the police chopper!!"

Like I said, I assume that you were BSing us.

Sorry Bob, I don't get you. I was driving and night turned into day, that light is xtremely powerful! But of course, my sentence was a metaphor. The story, unfortunately is true.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got lucky...I did too the other day...I was going a bit over the limit :eek: cop pulls me over doesn't say anything about me speeding says he just wanted to check out my car...he told me he bought a c6 z06 but like the Viper more made me happy :D :D

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year a buddy and I were on our sport bikes. We were out riding in an industrial area. Hardly any traffic. I pull on to an on ramp and hit it for about 2 seconds and wheelie up the ramp. As the front tire hits the ground I hear the sirens? [******]? I look behind me and there's a dark blue Ford Explorer with the lights on. Crap ! I pull over and the cop comes out and asks if I know why I'm being pulled over? I kind of laughed and said " The wheelie? " He said "No, I've been following you for the last 2 miles." I looked him in the eye and started to laugh.... I said right to him " I'm FU*%ED" He looked at me and laughed and took mt DL etc to the truck. Came back a few mins later and told me to slow down and take it easy. Never wrote me up. He was a good guy. I think he was expecting to see an 18 year old kid take the helmet off...not a balding old guy...LOL... Got off good that night.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
You got lucky...I did too the other day...I was going a bit over the limit :eek: cop pulls me over doesn't say anything about me speeding says he just wanted to check out my car...he told me he bought a c6 z06 but like the Viper more made me happy :D :D

A cop?? Yeah, with what money? hahaha...

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not impossible at all with today's easy credit but, somewhat improbable without resources outside his LEO income.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It really depends on where he works. Here in San Francisco, put in 5-10 years and enough overtime, you're making six figures. That and only working 4 days a week, with plenty of vacation and sick days (thanks to a bloated union), there's time for a second job or home business. Including a working spouse, I know cops honestly making well over $200k/yr... and own a Viper.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Orlando I've seen people pulled over by cops in the following:

Blue Chevy Silverado SS pick up truck (tinted windows)
White Dodge Caravan (tinted windows)
Black Ford Mustang (tinted windows)
Silver Volvo S60 (no tint)

Since I haven't been pulled over, yet, do these "undercover" cops use radar or do they just wait for you to blow by them before pulling you over? My trusty Valentine One has saved my sorry butt on many occasions - but nothing you can do against undercover cops if they're not using radar.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing but my buddy actaully spotted a black c6 z06 the next day and I started describing the cop and he said looks about the same...I called [******] on him too at first (obviously not to his face since I didn't want that speeding ticket :D )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte