I Don't Get It....

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the Dodge commercials during the Super Bowl and saw the line of cars led by the Challenger SRT 8 while they tout Employee ++ pricing and 3500 cash back. So I decided to go to the dealer yesterday to buy a Challenger only to find the SRT8 is not under the Employee Pricing program and there is no 3500 cash back. They have 5 SRT8's sitting there and the best they'll do is 2 grand under MSRP. I guess that all those stories I've been hearing about Chrysler needing a bail out, buying American to support the industry and trying to get money back in the economy are not quite as bad as I've heard. I tried buy but I think I'll wait a bit and buy a Camaro...if GM is still in business. With deals like this Dodge might not be.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread....I didn't even think about buying a Challenger until I saw the commercial so I missed the discussion. I am still amazed at how little common sense there is in the world. If i were a car dealer now i would want to sell as many cars as I could to keep up the cash flow and every customer that walks is 0$. I still believe some profit is better than none.
WAKE UP DODGE.....

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. I would think selling is selling so if there was a discount even more people would purchase but hey that is just me. No car is selling exceptionally well these days except Honda's and Toyota's!

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread....I didn't even think about buying a Challenger until I saw the commercial so I missed the discussion. I am still amazed at how little common sense there is in the world. If i were a car dealer now i would want to sell as many cars as I could to keep up the cash flow and every customer that walks is 0$. I still believe some profit is better than none.
WAKE UP DODGE.....

We don't know the business side of the "ifs" and "whys" therefore we cannot assume. The smart buyer will exercise patience and comb the internet and find the best deal anyway.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does this have to do with:

SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions ?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I paused the commerial just to make sure, But it could have been a different commercial. don't get upset

IT DOES NOT MATTER 'CAUSE PROGRAM RULES CAN CHANGE !

But I paused the same commercial, HD TV 67" and the grill is life sized and crystal clear. Its clearly an R/T.......

The SRT Challenger says SRT.....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any VCA programs for Chrysler vehicles?

YES: VCA members who refer a Viper Buyer can earn $1000 refund on MoPar parts-accessories. DETAILS IN MEMBERS SECTION and elswehere.

{truth---I have 'splained this to 3 dealers THIS WEEK!}

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm another one that would have bet money it was an SRT8 on the commercial. When I first saw that commercial, I could have sworn it was... After looking at it again, it is actually an R/T.

This might really give you a giggle... In case the below image doesn't show up, go to the site, click on Challenger, and what do you see? An SRT Challenger with EP++ pricing highlighted all over the place... I found this in several places - so it wasn't just one 'mistake'. That said, when you dig deeper, they clearly now say "excludes SRT8" ...

You must be registered for see images

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It may seem a little indignant considering I love the Viper, but I'm with gtsviper. Even with the EP++ discount on the SRT8 Challenger, it's still overpriced. I owned an SRT8 Superbee, which I always thought was down on power (a result of its weight and auto), and a pig off the line. At highway passing speeds, it was able to use that momentum and breathe, but let's face it - a Charger or Challenger is supposed to be a stop light car, not a GT. Since the Challenger is based on the same platform as the Charger I'm not all that excited about it at the current - or discounted - price point. I'm also waiting to see what the Camaro brings to the table - even in top SS form at MSRP it's less expensive than a Challenger at EP++ and has less weight to boot.

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my new srt-8 is a dog compared to my amg and viper. that's why i'm supercharging the thing with a vortec.
the one thing it has going for it is after i changed my exhaust to a zoomers, it sounds like a '70 426!!!!!!!!!!!!
car is very nice to drive though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi