I got my Viper book!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice leather-wrapped hard-cover Viper Gen 5 owners book arrived in the mail today, via UPS. It was mailed to my house, directly from Chrysler Group in MI. So, dealerships aren't going to distribute these, in case you were wondering. Came with a nice letter from Ralph Gilles.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

The wrapped black cover is a hard box, the book is inside it. Nice touch on the carbon fiber looking interior.

Owners leather wrapped book next to the for-public book:

The owner's edition has an extra chapter (Chapter 10) and 30 more pages of story, including the testing and factory start-up.

Now I have something cool to bring to the ALMS race this weekend, in hopes of getting some signatures on it. :)

Tony

Last edited:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that did not take long ,i see one on ebay already. lets see what it goes for.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony you and I bought ours within a day of each other and I got my book last Thursday. I remember it well, I test drove John's GTS in Roanoke on a Thursday to make sure it was the right car and that I fit, he met you in Detroit on Friday for your special delivery, and then I picked up mine from him first thing Saturday morning.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony you and I bought ours within a day of each other and I got my book last Thursday. I remember it well, I test drove John's GTS in Roanoke on a Thursday to make sure it was the right car and that I fit, he met you in Detroit on Friday for your special delivery, and then I picked up mine from him first thing Saturday morning.

Which John are you speaking of? I bought my car through Tomball Dodge.

Nambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know if we order a 2014 viper, will we get the book too?
The DriveSRT site has posted up an article on the book that states both 2013 and 2014 orders will receive a copy of the book. It also states that TA production has started (and it hasn't) so we will see.....

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which John are you speaking of? I bought my car through Tomball Dodge.

Hmm, I had always assumed based on when you got yours you were who my dealer met in Detroit for a factory pickup. There must have been another lucky person who got a factory delivery.

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine was waiting for me when I got home last night-SWEEEEET!!!!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, I had always assumed based on when you got yours you were who my dealer met in Detroit for a factory pickup. There must have been another lucky person who got a factory delivery.

I picked mine up on a Thursday, which was the only day available at the time. Looks like someone else got Friday.

chris955

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you only receive the book if you order the viper or does every owner get one?

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine today, and I even read it (over 185 pages on high quality stock)...although I was tempted to just look at the numerous pics, and read only the captions.

It opens with the original Viper creation, then on to a hommage of all the previous Gen's. The book is mostly about the GEN V of course, and tells the full story from it's 'death' to reveal...and is a BIG story. Lot's of tidbits and insight, like why we got 640HP (and lucky at that!), why no supercharging and so on and so forth through all stages of development...nice section on Prefix too.

You will not be disappointed investing a couple hours in the read.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got my book last week finally...its great...
I wonder if Ralph actually signed each letter or if they are just copies

Thanks for the Book SRT ,,its a nice touch

mikesax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Ferraritoviper mentioned, the book explains in great detail and I feel honestly why we have the car we have, and I for one am GRATEFUL that SRT brought this INCREDIBLE VEHICLE back from the dead!!
I appreciate all the hard work it took to give us this PHENOMINAL car, again it is a very small volume vehicle, so a tremendous effort was put forth knowing the financial payoff would most likely be minimal!!
Of all the car books Ive ever read this one is the most complete and informative-also the most gratifying -a Viperholics MUST HAVE!! Makes me appreciate even more all the people responsible who went above and beyond!!!! Thank You to all involved-you guys ROCK!!!!!

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I got one that I'd ordered from Maurice a couple of months ago ..but no official BOOK with the personalized letter from Ralph. Also haven't gotten the "welcome gift" either.....anybody from Canada get either of these items?