I have a stupid question on VCA membership?

BarryBum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hunch that just because I am able to post here and I have a log on name and password, that I am still not a member of the Viper Club of America.....am I right? I noticed this because I tried to post an ad in the Viper wanted section for a trade with my Cuda and I got an invoice for $30 in my eamil for the ad.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way you would be a member of the VCA is if you sent in the $100 a year for membership dues and provided the VIN Number for your vehicle. There are plently of people on the site but only people that pay dues and have VIN's from there car are "VCA Members". Really no difference since you can still go to event except you can not post in the classifieds for free and be eligible for raffles & VOI's.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does membership still include a tour of the Viper plant? I read somewhere that it did at one time. I work for DC and occasionally go to the Detroit area for training. I'd love to swing by there and see the place, inside and out.

BTW, how long does it take to process a VCA membership? I mailed my $80 off on July 19 and haven't heard anything back yet.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, how long does it take to process a VCA membership? I mailed my $80 off on July 19 and haven't heard anything back yet.

It takes a while. Give it 6-8 weeks. But go ahead and email your regional VCA President and let them know you have already joined. That way they can add you to their club's email list

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only way you would be a member of the VCA is if you sent in the $100 a year for membership dues and provided the VIN Number for your vehicle.
Actually, this is not true. You forgot (or didn't know) that everyone who buys a Viper brand new from a Dodge dealer gets a complimentary 1 year membership. Its called the "COOL" program, don't recall the meaning of the acronym at the moment.

However, concerning how long it takes to process, its a number of months, for some reason. One big delay is that JRThompson is not allowed to provide anyone's information to the regional or national club without first securing approval from the person - part of the recent privacy legislation. But, our club, for instance, often does not see new member information for as much as three or four months after someone joins. We have a number of provisional members on our rolls, awaiting the eventual verification from national, but July 19th to 31st is probably two months too early to be looking for the membership process to complete.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen