I just bought one.....

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you might remember this thread http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/633931-cant-decide-between-srt-10-gen-ii.html where I couldnt decide between a gen II or a gen III.

The night before last I bought an 05 srt-10 vert with 21K miles. Its a copperhead # 72 of 300. It appears to be all stock and its pretty clean. It looks brand new.

The more I looked at the gen III's the more they grew on me. When I took it to work, I felt like a celebrity or something, lol. Everyone stood out in the parking lot looking at it, and discussing it. It was pretty much the topic of the day at work.

Its been overcast here so I havent driven it much, but in the one drive home from work I got lots of smiles, a 69 chevelle drove up next to me and gave me a thumbs up, and a newer mustang followed me for a bit, probably hoping I would open her up, but I have a commercial drivers license, which means no traffic school here in CA, so I have to do my best to drive it nice. Even when I came out to the parking lot from grabbing a bite to eat on the way home from the dealership, a car was driving by it really slowly, checking it out.

Anyways, without trying to sound like an attention ***** :D, I was a little worried the srt-10 car wouldnt get noticed, and would just melt in next to the mustangs, eclipses, vettes, etc. It doesnt. It stands out and turns heads.

Ive always been a car guy and for the last two years Ive been without a fast car. I had to trade my 99 Firebird formula LS1 that had heads/cam/nitrous in to get some cash for a down payment on my house. Since then Ive been in severe withdraw. This viper has definitely fixed that problem. Its got plenty of power and the exotic looks and the fact that its pretty rare makes it even more fun.

Thanks for everyones input in the previous post. It helped a lot.I love this car. I still might have to pick up a GTS one day too when funds allow ;)

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your SRT purchase! Don't forget to private message your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean to UPGRADE to Viper Owner. Then, of course, you need to join the VCA! Join and upload your avatar. 1-800-998-1110. Nice on the Firebird you had. Unbelievable you'd have thought the Viper would blend in????? NOT! LOL...enjoy and welcome~!
~juli

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only people in the world that would ever try to say that a srt10 dosent get attention is gts owners...to the other 99.9 percent of car owners in the world it is a limited production 510 hp 8.3 litre 85k car

OF COURSE YOUR GONNA GET NOTICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRT10's are gorgeous when you really see um...Not so much in pics though

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE GTS does get a lot of attention! That's for sure. Especially a real Final Edition. :drive:

But, the SRT-10 does get some attention too :D

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and welcome to being a Bay area Viper owner :)
I joined the club about 18 months ago and the VCA/Bay area club made my wife and I very welcome. Maurice is very helpful and Terri organizes some fabulous social events, for example, last night were all at the last Sharks' regular game of the season and the Xmas party was at Monterey aquarium.
Definitely join the VCA/ local club.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, welcome to the SRT10 world.
Second, are you kidding, everyone notices this car even old ladies with walkers :) come up to me and ask me what kind of car is it and making compliments that it is very nice car. No way this car will blend with the crowd of other cars especialy in the bright orange color :).
Where in NorCal are you located? Some of us have Saturday gatherings at Santana Row in San Jose with bunch of other exotics like Ferraries, Lambos, etc. Also, if you ever thinking of taking your car to the track let me know I am always looking for a Viper buddy to go to the track with me.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister, us GTS guys wouldn't say that the SRT10 don't get noticed, just not as much as a Gen 2. It's the vette thing you know?

Congrats on the Copperhead. Not likely to see a vette that pretty a color.

Ted

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The night before last I bought an 05 srt-10 vert with 21K miles. Its a copperhead # 72 of 300. It appears to be all stock and its pretty clean. It looks brand new.

The more I looked at the gen III's the more they grew on me. When I took it to work, I felt like a celebrity or something, lol. Everyone stood out in the parking lot looking at it, and discussing it. It was pretty much the topic of the day at work.

Anyways, without trying to sound like an attention ***** :D, I was a little worried the srt-10 car wouldnt get noticed, and would just melt in next to the mustangs, eclipses, vettes, etc. It doesnt. It stands out and turns heads.
Congrats! Post up some pictures!

CDL driver here too - ya gotta pick your spots carefully when you decide to play!

I just took out my '08 today for the first time in 6+ months (loooong winter...). Put 50 miles on it. Got at least 3 thumbs up, one guy honking his horn and waving, and another poor guy on a bicycle staring at it as he pedaled by,,, until he almost hit the curb.:rolaugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll definitely post some pics up when I get a chance. Its been raining all day here and Im not bringing it out in the rain. I was BARELY able to get it in the garage with the 19 foot boat and my CBR 954RR haha so theres no room to take pics in there. I plan on joining the VCA and would love to meet up with fellow viper enthusiasts in my area. Used to do that with my Firebird and met some good people that way.

YLW DRM2: I'm located in Bay Point. I'm going to try my hardest not to ****** this car and turn it into a track car, but I'm pretty sure it will happen eventually. That was the plan with my firebird also but it ended up at the track quite a bit and I was able to get a 10.8 run out of it wth stock exhaust manifolds and cats. Even if I dont mod it I'll have to take it to the track every once in a while for a little fun.

Are you talking 1/4 mile or a road race course because Id like to do both? I'm going to have to look into the safety requirements for road racing.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! you've got a good taste in cars & bikes and a greater taste in the color! :2tu:

I'm setting up another track session at Thunder Hill in June, want to join in? :drive:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck w/your new car! That has to be one of the best colors on a Viper, drive it in good health!!!

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, rain ***** today oh and I know the feeling, I wasn't going to take my 05 to the track either, but could not resist :). These cars been bread for track use and driving them on the track is soooo much fun. I was actually talking about roar race.
Like I said we can get together on any sunny Saturday or Sunday and have a good ride to San Jose to the exotic car meet point.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! you've got a good taste in cars & bikes and a greater taste in the color! :2tu:

I'm setting up another track session at Thunder Hill in June, want to join in? :drive:

You know I am in, right ;)? I was actually hoping to get it on track sooner :).

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. The copperhead is a great choice for a Gen III. Avoid curb rash like the plague because those wheels are rare and expensive but do weigh significantly less than stock. That is why they are on the new ACR.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring your Copperhead to SR sometime soon.

I will bring my Copperhead too. #54-300

I think I have every mod... and soon a New Performance motor!

Last edited:

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are in for a good time, I have had my 03 for 5 years and love it just as much today as when I bought it! Have fun and be safe.:2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats :headbang:

drive safely :drive:

beautiful driving weather ahead

good job getting juli to post outside of beefcake

OP
OP
T

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm pretty excited. I still find myself going into the garage and looking at it sitting there. I have to keep making sure this is real. Ive wanted a car like this since I was a kid, and Ive had some really cool cars. Old school camaros, firebirds, mustangs, new school firebirds and mustangs, but Ive never had a car like this......

Homie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club!

Wait, I guess I can't say that given that I don't currently own a Viper.

Congrats!!!! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456