I know I am biased, but I hope the Gen5 Coupe looks as good as the Gen2 GTS

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lighting was decent this morning so I took some pics and was hoping the new snake has these **** curves.

Attachments

• IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 340

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

For me, a new generation Viper is like a divorce.

If the new one knocks my socks off, I'll consider divorcing myself from my GTS!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went to VOI #? where the supposed next gen viper was displayed. I couldn't pull cash out of my wallet fast enough. Of course the car on display turned out to be a comp coupe and you know what we got for a gen 3. I looked at my car and the gen 3 and said no thank you.Then I looked at the gen 4 acr and just couldn't do it either. Instead I spent a little more on my gen 2 brakes,body,engine etc..... It is amazing to me that the styling of the gen 3-4 didn't kill the Viper program completely. Performance was a plus for the gen 3-4 but easily gained for a gen 2 and the looks of the gen 3-4 were kind of so what or toyota like and who cares. I still have CIF (cash in fist).The question is will I be spending it on equal or better style than my gen 2 with more performance , or just updating a little performance on my gen 2? If its another non descript generation then I will stay with my gen 2 and do a few more performance upgrades. GTS Bruce

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope G5 is as cool as it could be....American muscle, Viper DNA, some Italian design and Fiat's economic muscle........

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When I went to VOI #? where the supposed next gen viper was displayed. I couldn't pull cash out of my wallet fast enough. Of course the car on display turned out to be a comp coupe and you know what we got for a gen 3. I looked at my car and the gen 3 and said no thank you.Then I looked at the gen 4 acr and just couldn't do it either. Instead I spent a little more on my gen 2 brakes,body,engine etc..... It is amazing to me that the styling of the gen 3-4 didn't kill the Viper program completely. Performance was a plus for the gen 3-4 but easily gained for a gen 2 and the looks of the gen 3-4 were kind of so what or toyota like and who cares. I still have CIF (cash in fist).The question is will I be spending it on equal or better style than my gen 2 with more performance , or just updating a little performance on my gen 2? If its another non descript generation then I will stay with my gen 2 and do a few more performance upgrades. GTS Bruce

That's how I feel. Gen3 and 4 put me to sleep, despite the performance. Not enough style in the design , too angular, no beauty. (Sorry, 3+4 owners, just my opinion)

But mind you, if the new one knocks my socks off, well....I'm still open minded.

F

FrgMstr

I hope G5 is as cool as it could be....American muscle, Viper DNA, some Italian design and Fiat's economic muscle........

No Italian design according to Ralph. All American outside reaching out to "Ferrari and Maseratti about low-volume sourcing, some exotic meterial recommendations, and tricks of the trade in term of manual interior trimming operations."

ALL DETROIT *******! You want Italian trash, you will have to go get your own. ;)

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen V looks great. It has some styling cues from Gen II but more "modern" GT design. My analogy based on what I saw at VOI 11: A gen II GTS mated with an Aston Martin. Yet it is unique and definately carries the Viper design heritage foward. The Gen II was an interpretation of a classic GT: a bit of Cobra Daytona Coupe and Ferrari GTO (1960s version) It worked and so does the Gen V design.

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the gen 1-2 was a great looking car back in the days, but it looks so old school to me compared to a gen 3-4. I would like to see more sharp curves. Why go back when you can go forward? It seems like all you gen 1-2 owners say how much you don't like the gen 3-4 viper. You have to face the facts sharp curves are in the future. Just look at any new super car.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BriansViper I think from what we saw in Salt lake city they do not agree with you. I'm a GtS guy but my Gen IV ACR has really grown on
me. I'm more appreciative of the line than I was before but still want more curves!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be near impossible for a car to generate the kind of excitement and universal appeal the GenI/II had, has and probably always will have. But that has nothing to do with why I don't have any burning desire for a new Viper.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
someone in the know told me a fully optioned gen 5 will be around 150k list.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That teaser pic is not too impressive. Very cartoon like imo

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be near impossible for a car to generate the kind of excitement and universal appeal the GenI/II had, has and probably always will have. But that has nothing to do with why I don't have any burning desire for a new Viper.
I agree and will probably never be as reliable either.......

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just hope it dose not join the twin program
Meaning looking like a Corvette/Mercedes or any thing alike .

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm open minded at the moment, I know SRT has to produce cars that will sell in today's market. Sadly I don't think I will ever be in a position to buy a NEW car from a dealership, I will have to wait until the secondhand market opens up. I did like the concept drawings done by Voodoo but have not seen anything else that really excites me :eater: I do wish the team at SRT all the very best with the project and hope they continue to keep the Viper brand going. I really hope they get the cars back on a Race Track, that was one of the biggest reasons I started looking for Vipers. I will agree with everything GTS Bruce said in his earlier post, GTS is a hard car to follow on from!

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the gen 1-2 was a great looking car back in the days, but it looks so old school to me compared to a gen 3-4. I would like to see more sharp curves. Why go back when you can go forward? It seems like all you gen 1-2 owners say how much you don't like the gen 3-4 viper. You have to face the facts sharp curves are in the future. Just look at any new super car.

Show me any car with angular styling that has remained a pinnacle ( as in classic) of styling?

jaguar e type or XJS?
Ferrari Daytona or Testarossa?
Aston-Martin DB or Lagonda?

Sharp/wedge styling simply do not age gracefully.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that makes the GenI/II look old school is the 450hp. If it had continued through today and stepped up to 600hp nobody would say it "looks dated" or "old school."

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol

it defiently looks old school. Everything from the headlights to panal gaps to interior desighn to the way to big dodge stealth side mirrors looks old school.

Is that bad..nope. But compared to a srt10 the gen1 and 2 look pretty old in every way.

With that said i dont mind and plan on adding a gts to my srt10 in the future. As well as a c5z06 that really looks old as hell with its pop up headlights from 97.

Gts is a beautiful car no doubt. But honestly the current srt coupe did a good job of mixing old and new technology. Ive seen one srt10 coupe in my life and 5 gts vipers. Naturally i get more excited to see the coupe. They are both beautiful in many ways

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porsche kept the same design for 40 years and nobody called them "dated." Even their latest iteration's differences are subtle.

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Porsche kept the same design for 40 years and nobody called them "dated." Even their latest iteration's differences are subtle.

This is exactly what came to mind as I was reading this thread. I think Dodge/SRT would have benefited if it had adopted more of an evolution mindset based on the Gen II, similar to the 911 development path.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be a close second but I do not think it will "look" as good as the Gen II. When they made the GTS they broke the mold. That said it is going to be an unbelievable car if it is half of what I am hearing e.g 700hp.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the rt10 broke the mold.

Gts is a rt10 with a few holes in the hood and a hard top with a revised rear.

Had a bunch of pics of my 99 rt and friends 97 gts and from the front they looked like twins.

Considering the rt10 came out in 92 really it broke the mold. Gts just reaffirmed that the mold was still broken four years later