I **LOVE** my Sidewinder wheels!!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After almost four years of sore fingers from hours spent washing my '01 ACR's BBS wheels, it was AWESOME to wipe down these gloss black 5 spokes in just a few minutes and be done!

That is all!

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya a 5 spoke is the way to go but does the black look dirty faster
than like a chrome or does it hide the brake dust better? :dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much easier, now you'll have more time and access to the calipers

True. On that note however, I wish it was as easy to jack these cars up as it was the GTS. I'm a fan of pulling the wheels off at least once a year and detailing everything.

All the threads I've read about jacking up the Gen-IV's says it's a major PITA. Guess we'll see.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get to both wheels on the same side of the car by jacking from the rear jack point on the car. No issues here.

Bruce

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get to both wheels on the same side of the car by jacking from the rear jack point on the car. No issues here.

Bruce

Can you reach that rear jack point with a standard low-profile race-jack? I thought I ran across something saying that the jack points were hard to get to even with a low-pro jack. I haven't crawled under the car and look yet.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you reach that rear jack point with a standard low-profile race-jack? I thought I ran across something saying that the jack points were hard to get to even with a low-pro jack. I haven't crawled under the car and look yet.

I can reach mine with my low-pro jack. You can adjust the front and rear suspension at the same time also, without having to jack the front and rear separately.... ;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jacking is easy on Gen IV. One jack at the rear jack point allows you to pull both wheels on that side.

Jack stand placement is a bit trickier.

You can adjust the rebound and compression by jacking one side at a time as stated, but you will need to jack both sides front and rear to adjust the ride height.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you lift one side on a Gen 2 GTS using the same technique?

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacking is easy on Gen IV. One jack at the rear jack point allows you to pull both wheels on that side.

Jack stand placement is a bit trickier.

You can adjust the rebound and compression by jacking one side at a time as stated, but you will need to jack both sides front and rear to adjust the ride height.

Yeah, maybe it was jack stand placement I was reading about, not jack placement. I can't bring myself to jack a car up and not immediately put stands under it. I gotta get that process nailed down.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember how much I loved and wanted a set of BBS back in the day. I bought a set for a BMW I had. Loved the way they look, hated cleaning them. Open wheel five or six spokes for me from now on.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After almost four years of sore fingers from hours spent washing my '01 ACR's BBS wheels, it was AWESOME to wipe down these gloss black 5 spokes in just a few minutes and be done!

That is all!

HA, You washed up too after our weekend run? My polished wheels were black from the hard driving :)

5 spokes, the only way to go :headbang:

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went over it with detail spray and microfibers. Sure was easy.

Damn Kelly,I cant believe how much of a hater you have become ever since that "NEW:nana:" ACR came into your life.:(:(

I STILL love my "OLD" genII.:2tu::D

PS: Stripe the damn thing would ya?:rolaugh:

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Kelly,I cant believe how much of a hater you have become ever since that "NEW:nana:" ACR came into your life.:(:(

I STILL love my "OLD" genII.:2tu::D

PS: Stripe the damn thing would ya?:rolaugh:

Not a hater at all! But you gotta admit, those BBS wheels are a nightmare to get clean.

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't miss the Gen2 a tad, especially when I came up behind Joe's Bumblebee on the way to our cruise start point. Sure is a **** car.

No plans to stripe this car...except maybe a black drivers stripe (vinyl first, of course)

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I know.:lmao: I have a 03 jeep gc limited with wheels alot like them as well....what a pita.:D

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's a guy over here selling x4 sidewinder fronts, no rears,
if you need a cheap spare i think he will move on price, they do need refurbing

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That is all!

LOL I HATE having to spend 30 minutes on wheels alone. I like to drive the thing, but it's so easy to drive hard that you dump brake dust all over the wheels every single time you're out! I might have to look into this.

How do you guys think SSG with black wheels would look???

edit: I currently have the H wheels. I like 'em but man they **** to clean. I got one of those Mother's ball cleaners but it just takes longer than a rag

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys think SSG with black wheels would look???

edit: I currently have the H wheels. I like 'em but man they **** to clean. I got one of those Mother's ball cleaners but it just takes longer than a rag

Hmmm, maybe like this....

Attachments

• 701.jpg
    701.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960