I need 600RWHP...what to do?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend is getting single turbo kit for his Corvette. He'll put down 550-600RWHP for only 10K installed!!! What can I do to keep up and not spend 4X what he is spending. I don't want NO2.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Sean Roe has a supercharger you can install in time for some Saturday night "waxing."

6 or 7K I think.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but this would put me only 550RWHP...I need more to beat him.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A guy at work did the same thing to his 2001 ZO6. The car looks totally stock but is a rocket. He told me that one time he was at a red light when a 2002 ZO6 pulled up next to him. Rather than say "nice car" or somehting to that effect, the driver of the 2002 pointed to the badge that says "405 horsepower" and says, "I bet you wish you had a 2002" Light turns green and the 2002 vette takes off as fast as he could. My friend gives him a car length and takes off, walking away from the 2002 ZO6.

Can you imagine a Gen II viper guy pulling up to a Gen I viper guy and pointing to the NACA duct and saying, "bet you wish you had a Gen II"? What a dork.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you say that tell us what kind of et that mod runs....and don't forget to compare torque. 550rwhp on yours might beat 600rwhp on his(if he makes that much)

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ElDiablo Viper:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would be at 600 rwhp if you get the roe sc plus some stuff
SC kit 7,000
70mm throttle boddies 530
air box & tubes to fit 70 mm bodies 450
Headers/exhaust 2,500
t& d roller rockers 1,200
total approx $11,500 vs his $10,000
If he is getting the kit I think he is, I think 550rwhp may be closer but he is lighter.

It will be close.
a 200 shot of Nitrous will put you over 600 hp for about $1300 from NX. Plus your torque will be in the mid 700 range which he will not come close to

Why not Nitrous?

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your not to far from Maryland and I've seen some real positive things about the Heffner(sp) superchargers. They seemed to be putting down some great times at VOI and sounded like they cost 10k installed. Might want to check them out.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im definitely not an expert on any of this but after a lot of researching and all too many questions; for 10K, NOS combined with Roe's SC is the way to go for cost effectiveness and pure simple power to do the job you want done. otherwise drop the big bucks and go to something like DLM III. both ways work and are relaiable, it just depends upon what you want to spend or can spend

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racewheel:
just remember, you have to be able to put it to the ground.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaaahhhh. Subtle plug John but right on the money.

ElD, give Purner a call.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam:
I your friend is any of those I met on our "seven lakes scamper", I wouldn't be too worried. Your a much better driver than any in that bunch
supergrin.gif
Better driver &gt; HP (up to a point).
<FONT size="1">Of course a Roe S/C wouldn't hurt
wink.gif
</FONT s>

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
Adam:
I your friend is any of those I met on our "seven lakes scamper", I wouldn't be too worried. Your a much better driver than any in that bunch
supergrin.gif
Better driver &gt; HP (up to a point).
<FONT size="1">Of course a Roe S/C wouldn't hurt
wink.gif
</FONT s>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks
supergrin.gif
The car was at the run, he had black HT C5. Right now he has heads&cam on his car and got 417RW but only 380TQ. At this setup I take him easly on my 3rd gear. My car has Corsa, no cats, VEC1, K&N and dyned 437HP 480TQ. He is spending ~15K since he is upgrading cam and heads to reduce compression. At low boost he was told 550HP and high 600RWHP. Also he was told that TQ will = HP numbers.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For whatever reason, C5's ET much better per a given trap speed. For example, a heads and cam C5 was running 12.2's at the strip but at about 113 mph. This was on a day when Vipers were running 12.0 and 12.1's at 119-121 mph.

Get the Roe SC and other goodies and you shouldn't have a problem.

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Jason Heffner @ 410-766-2800, he can give you the performance you need for a resonable price. Also, his shop is located just outside of Baltimore, MD which is not too far from you.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking into H/C and Supercharger for my manual C5 also. El is correct that it should be putting down close to 600rwhp. I might just do the H/C and Nitrous route first to cut down costs though. There's a thread that a H/C Vette ran a 10.99. Not bad for just heads cam. I'll probably go with the Sean Roe Supercharger when I get money to spend on the Viper.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big question is....
How are you going to be using your Viper? Street, track, strip, autocross, etc..?

Depending on your answer you may want to head down a particular path.

If you are looking for all naturally aspirated power, we definitely have some packages that will meet your needs. Our LETHAL 650 can put down over 570rwhp, and our LETHAL 750 can put down 650+rwhp. But the peak numbers of our packages are not nearly as impressive as our average power and torque numbers (and this is what will provide you with FAST acceleration). For example, our LETHAL 750 package generates over 700ft/lbs torque from 2500 rpms to 5600 rpms (800+ tq peak). It generates more power than a stock Viper by 3200 rpms. Best of all our packages are VERY competitively priced: our LETHAL 750 includes over $8k more in parts and still cost a few thousand less than some comparable packages.

The torque is what will accelerate you. Having this much torque on hand in the mid range will make it tough for a vette to keep up for sure.

Good luck in your quest. If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to give us a call at 408.562.1000.
Hope we can help!
-Wayne

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
i know your into road course racing so i figured that i would bring up the not so obvious...

will a supercharger be reliable on the road course? the thought makes me a little nervous and i have always thought that n/a power was the way to go in this situation...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The biggest two concerns with running a forced induction Viper on a road course (assuming the engine management is correct) is the cooling system and handling blowby.

I just got back home from Savannah, GA's Roebling Road track.
I drove 140 miles there last night, ran the car during the afternoon and drove home. I was able to tag along with some other guys who rented the track.

The car ran a little hotter than it did at 440 RWHP (HP is heat) and had more blowby (but it's been used for a lot of testing since it's last run there). The breather kit parts we're supplying take care of the blowby and you can get a larger radiator and oil cooler if needed

Other than that, the car did great with the SC. It was almost a little too quick down the front straight (165 mph). I used to have time to relax
smile.gif

Sean

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info sean...

does your car have any cooling modifications at all? how hot was it at the track (outside temp)?

165 on a straight??? sounds like a fun track!!

- eddie -

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know your into road course racing so i figured that i would bring up the not so obvious...

will a supercharger be reliable on the road course? the thought makes me a little nervous and i have always thought that n/a power was the way to go in this situation...

it might cost you more, but what about some of the apex packages? they will give you good n/a power..

if not, heffner seems like a viable route being that you're on the east coast (had to say his name otherwise he and the crew might go ballistic again).. the sean roe superchargers i believe are sold out for a fairly decent amount of time...

but of course someone can educate me on supercharger reliability on a road course since i may be off base..
smile.gif

- eddie -

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

i assume you are going to Watkins Glen at the end of the month, I will have the ROE S/C on then you can take my car for a rip and maybe that will help you make up your mind.

Michael

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang