I need a GTS hood, what are my choices?

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am buying a 97 GTS and will need to put a hood on this car. It is blue with white stripes. I would consider an Autoform piece or SVSI or used or slightly damaged.Are the aftermarket hoods good enough for extended street use? Does anyone know of other sources for a good low cost alternative to the stock hood? Who makes what and what are they made of? Do the race car hoods flex and is there much weight savings? I want good fit and a decent price. Thanks in advance. Mike Ryan

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will probably get some flack from this advise, but you might wish to contact Hennessey Motorsports in Houston, or TNT, also in Texas.
They should have some "take off hoods" or Carbon fiber hoods, significantly cheaper than from Chrysler. They can inform you of the pros and cons of each material.
You might get lucky and get an already factory painted hood in blue with stripes that they removed to replace on a racer.
Since hoods are difficult to ship, it might we best to drive to their shop to have it installed.
Best of success in reserecting a VIper.

Ed Robertson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can contact John Archer at Archer Racing Assessories 218-727-4806. They have a carbon hood that looks good. They also may have a stock hood that they took off a car to put their carbon hood on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96