I need your opinions...is it priced right? 2001 GTS

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 2001 Red (w/ black interior) GTS for sale in the VCA classifieds (link below) for $53,000 with ~4700 miles. The car is stock and has a new Maxcare warranty as of September 2007. I am about to pull the trigger and put it on Autotrader, but wanted some of the VCA brethren opinions on my price. Is it priced correctly? I have looked at similar cars on Autotrader and it seems to be priced less than other 2001 GTSs with more mileage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

ViperClub Classifieds - 2001 Red Dodge Viper GTS (Stock) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

You must be registered for see images

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Viper sounds perfect, but economic times are tough right now. If you are in no hurry to sell then somebody might come around in the next year or so, but don't expect to sell it in a few months.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a fair price for a Red low mile GTS. Bad time of year but I suspect it will go come spring time. I would not give it away unless you are desperate. :nono:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
price is right... tough economy, tough color(no offense intended). Solid Red, and Solid Black are the 2 softest priced GTS colors. But then again, there is a 2002 Graphite/Silver striped, 4k mile GTS, thts been relisted 6 times on Ebay, at $54k.. Which is cheap for that car..

Like everyone said, if you can. KEEP IT... Real estate,luxury cars,etc. are going to have a few tough years ahead.. cash is king right now..

V

venms96

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about the Price you are asking. That is a very fair price from a private seller, for a nice car - guessing that the car is pristine due to low mileage, etc. A Dealer would sit on it at upper 50's, maybe 60k, so don't soften up on those #'s you have there.

Yea, Red is the common color, and everytime I see my buddy's red Viper, I think it's the most beautiful car around. It's the best Red color on any car, period. Shines so deep and no matter what color cars people prefer, a lot of buyers like red ones. Look at the '02 FE, with Stripes, one of the best ever, and it's red.

Stick to your guns at that price. Don't worry about the economy, real estate, and anything else that's negative right now. Don't listen to anyone telling you it's priced too high. It's not. A high mileage, leased, Ebay ****** - should be 40k, not your car. You have a great car, you took care of it I'm guessing, and so what if you have to wait a few months before it sells. If it's not a desperation sale, hang tough.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason they made red every year except one, it's beautiful and popular.
Above poster is right on the money. You have a valuable car there, don't give it away.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let anyone make you feel bad about the Price you are asking. That is a very fair price from a private seller, for a nice car - guessing that the car is pristine due to low mileage, etc. A Dealer would sit on it at upper 50's, maybe 60k, so don't soften up on those #'s you have there.

Yea, Red is the common color, and everytime I see my buddy's red Viper, I think it's the most beautiful car around. It's the best Red color on any car, period. Shines so deep and no matter what color cars people prefer, a lot of buyers like red ones. Look at the '02 FE, with Stripes, one of the best ever, and it's red.

Stick to your guns at that price. Don't worry about the economy, real estate, and anything else that's negative right now. Don't listen to anyone telling you it's priced too high. It's not. A high mileage, leased, Ebay ****** - should be 40k, not your car. You have a great car, you took care of it I'm guessing, and so what if you have to wait a few months before it sells. If it's not a desperation sale, hang tough.

I agree 100%.

Good luck on your sale.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason they made red every year except one, it's beautiful and popular.
Above poster is right on the money. You have a valuable car there, don't give it away.

I agree, Red is a awesome color.. I almost bought a Red/Cognac 2001 GTS, before I found my car. I always thought that color combo (Sold Red/Cognac) gave a the Viper a very rich look.. pretty rare combo..

Economic times are tough, and going to get worse unfortuneatly. Everyone put all their eggs in buying/refinancing/flipping properties, and we are paying for that now.. cash is king again. Luxury items are going to tank for a little while..

Now to me, a Viper is NOT a luxury item, but a necessity. But im sure some people would disagree with that. Not many on this board thoguh ;) ;) '

My vote, Keep it.....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, Red is a awesome color.. I almost bought a Red/Cognac 2001 GTS, before I found my car. I always thought that color combo (Sold Red/Cognac) gave a the Viper a very rich look.. pretty rare combo..

Economic times are tough, and going to get worse unfortuneatly. Everyone put all their eggs in buying/refinancing/flipping properties, and we are paying for that now.. cash is king again. Luxury items are going to tank for a little while..

Now to me, a Viper is NOT a luxury item, but a necessity. But im sure some people would disagree with that. Not many on this board thoguh ;) ;) '

My vote, Keep it.....

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your question was, "Is it priced too high?" The answer is Yes. It is the time of really low Viper values AND it's the middle of winter. There is tons of Vipers for sale. Your car is a creampuff so not the most popular year.

I paid $55,000 for my highly moddified trophy winning '01 Sapphire Viper GTS when Vipers were still at high prices. At that time I saw many low mile stock Vipers for sale at less than $50,000.

That said I certainly would ask a lot more for my car now, even with it's extra 9,000mi. on it. Course I probably wouldn't sell it, but it's nice having one of the fastest street cars in Canada. I'm lovin' it.

If you aren't in a hurry to sell - keep it or leave the high price tag on it.

Ted

V

venms96

In British Columbia it's the middle of Winter, hell yea it is. But people tend to forget, there are many States in the USA that don't experience a harsh Winter and buyers live there as well, lots of them.

I never bought into the mindset of, "wait until the Spring or Summer to sell a car or bike". People buy and sell stuff all year long. And moreover, the Winter seems like a time of year to ponder stuff, and I've bought and sold more cars in the Winter than I ever have in the Spring or Summer. I'm sure there is something to that, when you have 5 months to sit around and wonder what to do with your "toys" ! Why wait until the Spring to buy a Car when you already know the price is going to be higher with the mindset of the norm !

A 2001 GTS, STOCK, with 4700 mi. on it for $53k is a helluva great price. Look at the paint on that car, a mint, low mileage beautiful Dodge Viper. The price is more than fair. Stay away from the 45-50k syndrome of Viper pricing. Your car does not belong in that category.

And what is this, "it's the time of really low Viper values".......?? Car forums of all types, we can be our own worst enemies. What time is it ?? Winter in Canada ? Real Estate market down - so what. What does Real Estate have to do with our Car hobby ? Just because it's Winter in most parts of the USA and Canada does not mean a Seller should drop his price 5k !! Some Vipers deserve a solid price, not an Ebay low-baller giveaway price. I'm sure a Dealer would list his car at 59k at least !

I'm sure Ted with his Trophy winning, fastest street car in Canada has his own pricing guide, and that's fine. And we are all allowed to disagree.

Hang tough on that price, you should have asked 56k in my opinion.