I now own a Viper

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for a while. I wanted a like new car and found one. It is a red 2003 conv, 1 owner, 2400 miles, forgeline wheels, Corsa exhaust and SPOTLESS.

Fun to drive but just looking at it in the garage is great.

I don't have pictures as of now but see the link below, you can see some good pictures of the car.

I paid $43,000 which I think is a fair price.

Here is a link, hope it works:

Dodge : Viper: eBay Motors (item 250687231501 end time Aug-31-10 10:00:00 PDT)

Last edited:

pdannytn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats
I think it fair price.
I just pick up my 06 couple on Monday, and loving it.

OP
OP
W

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks

Nothing better than a warm fall day with the top down.

It will spend the winter in the garage where I will be making some minor mods.

Summer comes every year.

Viper Ed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Vipers! Respect the car, and your life has now been changed forever. Congratulations! :drive:

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! A few of us will be heading from West Chester/Downingtown to Doylestown for a car show/demo by AJ (aka "the Junkman") at Thompson Racing on OCt 16th. PM if interested to drive up as a group.

Diane and Victor

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. I'm not too far from you in West Chester. I bought my 03 last April. Hopefully we'll see you at an event soon.

Scott

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. One of my favorite things was pulling up behind a car with a nice shiny black paint and seeing the reflection of my car's front end. It really is beautiful.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome! Viper looks great and near brand new. Make one of your winter mod's a set of new tires. You have 7 yr old "run-flats", search the board, you'll see this combo can get you in trouble. Also, respect the throttle and torque, vipers are easy to loop. Get involved with your local VCA chapter, good people that can help you! Enjoy! Mike

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats & Welcome to the VCA WAM & pdannytn :headbang:

Check out your local clubs! We come here for the car, and stay for the friends. VCA is a club like no other :D

You have 7 yr old "run-flats", search the board, you'll see this combo can get you in trouble.

Best advise I've read today!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree on the tires! When I bought mine, it had the original runflats, and the didn't seem too bad. Well, the rears didn't pass PA inspection, so I replaced all four with PS2s. Like NIGHT and day. I even got caught on the PA turnpike in a monsoon last July, and they were even pretty good in the rain.

Get some PS2s. Pricey, but worth it.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe I've seen that car. It is very clean. The owner had several other cars and didn't have time to drive it. He had a employee drive it to our Exotic car show this summer with for sale sign on it. If I recall he was asking $65K then. I suggested it was a bit high, and I guess they listened and did some research.

I think that was a great price for that car. Congrats!

Give the club a try! You will enjoy your car a whole lot more. Trust me!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Great car, great fun. I am going to also suggest you get new PS2s. Those tires on it are old and probably very hard. Hard tires on a Viper = bad things.

That is a fair price. You did well. Welcome aboard!!!

OP
OP
W

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone.

I had planned on buying tires even before finding a car. My problem is breaken down the wheels and tires. I'm concerned about the painted rims. I'm really liken these wheels and don't want to damage the paint. Until I find someone I can trust to do it right, the tires will have to stay.

My very first mod was to cut down the stock shift handle and added a 2 inch dia white Hurst knob. I love the white hurst knobs from years past. The shorter handle and knob turned out well and makes shifting this car better.

I have ordered a 2008 hood from JonB, it will ship out next week. I will have it matched as close as possible, I don't want the fenders blended.

This is the first car I ever bought that I didn't have to spend days detailing. This car was in amazing condition. The owner had many nice cars and motorcycles. Everything he had looked new.

The car will look even better come spring.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wam, you are in PA like I am. The tires will stay until you find someone you trust, or they fail PA inspection, whichever comes first. Sorry, but the truth. It isn't a cosmetic issues, it is also a handling and SAFETY issue.

They are 7 year old tires that weren't great to start with. Please take the advice on all of us here, and get that done asap.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone.

I had planned on buying tires even before finding a car. My problem is breaken down the wheels and tires. I'm concerned about the painted rims. I'm really liken these wheels and don't want to damage the paint. Until I find someone I can trust to do it right, the tires will have to stay.

My very first mod was to cut down the stock shift handle and added a 2 inch dia white Hurst knob. I love the white hurst knobs from years past. The shorter handle and knob turned out well and makes shifting this car better.

I have ordered a 2008 hood from JonB, it will ship out next week. I will have it matched as close as possible, I don't want the fenders blended.

This is the first car I ever bought that I didn't have to spend days detailing. This car was in amazing condition. The owner had many nice cars and motorcycles. Everything he had looked new.

Looks nice, congrats

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picked my 03 up in May. Its been fun getting it where I want it,but its been a joy to work on.welcome aboard,they are awesome cars.