I own Both: StopTech vs EuroTech.. my Vote..

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great post! Many good points. Eurotek definitely gets 2+ for rust and packaging... Receving goods damaged in shipping ruins the whole experience, even if the damage is nitpicking minor...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice comparison, thanks original poster. But, being so detail oriented, how come you keep spelling Euroteck incorrectly? It is printed on the beautiful hats! LOL!

I'm very pleased with my Euroteck rotors. I've done two track days on them, as well as a 3,500 mile road trip on them. They still look brand new, and get a lot of compliments at car shows. Had two other Viper owners with Stoptechs see them at one event and they asked if they were newer versions of the Stoptech rotors, kind of funny.

I'm sure both brands work well, hell anything is better than those dumptruck looking factory ones that weigh a ton.

Tony

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what's the price differnce?

????

I bought the Roe Racing front big brake because they're over a thousand dollars cheaper than the Stoptechs from a low priced dealer. Not as pretty, powdercoating costs extra. Same performance but probably half price. I painted them with /caliper paint instead of powdercoat.

I also didn't want drilled as I use my car occaissionally on the track and the stoptechs had a few "heat checks". The rotors are fine and will pass any inspection, but as written in numerous posts, drilled are not for track use.

Sean's rotors are plain alum. hats and the rotors are highquality with the curved cooling vanes, etc.

Money matters, especially since the performance is equal.

Ted

sss620

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brembo Competition Coupe 2 piece rotors - still the best.

You must be registered for see images

sss620

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brembo Competiton Coupe 2 Piece Rotors - Still The Best.

Reaction score
I did not realize the Comp Coupe rotors were drilled? I do know they are very expensive so that's kinda British pounds / US dollars to me.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because your right, the Comp Coupe comes with Slotted Brembo, not drilled.

OUCH... sss620 just got OWNED. Nice try with 'comp coupes still the best' crap. Says who? Where is your post detailing the differences? I for one said the stoptech and the EutoTeck both are equal in performance. If you have data proving the comp coupes are better, we'd love to see it. But then again, you can't even tell real ones apart from fake ones, so never mind, dont bother. :rolleyes:

Jon

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought comp coupes run the stock brake components calipers and discs?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought comp coupes run the stock brake components calipers and discs?
It does show that on the CC website. Maybe they changed to stock on the new ones? which i would have no idea why, since its a major downgrade. Even when i spoke to Tom Francis he said the CC's comes stock with the Brembo slotted rotors. But all the CC's I have seen have the big brembo GTR rotors and massive slotted calipers. I never yet seen a CC with stock Viper brakes.

Reaction score
There are some things that the Comp Coupe has available as "upgraded" parts and specific to World Challenge or ALMS. These are available through the Competition Coupe suppliers warehouse and are generally accepted as needed parts. The Factory supplied Comp Coupes as good as they are would be $200K if they came with all the upgrades. The catalog allows racers to choose what they need to compete in the arena they choose.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke with Neal at Euroteck Motorsports about his rotors. I guess Euroteck doesn't make a Gen. II upgrade set to fit Dave's Big Brake upgrade for Gen. II's. :(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought Dave's Big Brake kit was stock Gen 3 brakes with SS lines and an adapter for the caliper? Gen 3 stock rotors?

Ted

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought Dave's Big Brake kit was stock Gen 3 brakes with SS lines and an adapter for the caliper? Gen 3 stock rotors?

Ted

Dave's Big Brake kit uses Gen. 3 14" SRT rotors on the front but it uses Gen. II 13" front rotors on the rear. Make sense?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte