I paid $90,000 for this????

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, I paid a hell of alot more than 90k, Tator just got done porting and cleaning up my heads, installing the comp cam, comp oil pan, Sean Roe's newest VEC III program, navigation, roll bar, Jeff Lemke's (better than 08) new hood, there's more, but you get the picture.

Now, off to the races to see what she can do. First up was a 07 911 Turbo. Since I have no g*ddamn traction control the Porsche jumped me a car and a half out of the hole, but once I hit third I sucked up the Porsche like an oyster off the half shell, beat the car by over 5 car lengths. Next up was an 07 Mustang Cobra, all done up w/ stripes, the hole 9. Beautiful car...but it is still a Mustang. It was never any competition, I beat the Stang so bad I thought the guy wasnt even trying. I guess 600-625 estimated rwhp in a Viper will do that. The last victim was a blue 04 Z06 ( I cannot ever seem to get a C6 z06 to do anything) this car was modded, heavily it sounded like. Anyway, black smoke shot out from the exhaust from the Z and she sounded like there were headers and no cats. Again, since I have g*ddamn traction control the car jumped me out of the hole (Dodge actually expects me to learn how to control all that power?), but I caught her in second and passed her and beat her rather badly as well. Well, that was enough at the races for one day, so now its back to the public roads to get home...

I got hungry and pulled into a Taco Bell and ordered a Mexican Pizza combo. I got a large soda, and I immediately realized I have no cup holder to put the soda, so I try to put it between my legs while I drive off, of course that did not work so the soda spills all over the carpet...dammit! :mad: I pull over to clean up the mess, I bump my head on the roof cuz the Viper is so crampt and then I burn my leg on the hot side pipe...who in the hell thought to put a hot ass pipe so damn close to the door! This is really insane!

I cannot believe I paid $90,000 for a car w/ no traction control and no g*ddamn cup holders! What on earth was Dodge thinking? :confused: That all we want is a car that looks mean as hell and that all we want to do is go fast and kick ass???? :dunno: What about my damn cup holders??? For $90,000 plus dollars...I really expected more.:lmao:

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ashtray removed, you instantly have a cupholder in the Gen. III. Nobody ever told you that? Good driving, by the way. I'm glad you dusted those cars. :)

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers don't have cup holders because it's illegal to drink and drive :D

Vipers also have traction control....ppssssttt...it's under your RIGHT foot.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that you out there this morning??? I heard what sounded like armageddon coming from 3 miles over the Cheshire border. :D Good gawd man you shook my house when you started that beast up this morning. :) I'm glad you're having fun with it. - Tony

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Mamba 1,

I don't know if you're playing the straight man with your comments, cause if you are; you're hilarious!! If you really are upset that we don't have traction control or cup holders then you don't understand what the Viper is and what most of us want it to remain....a no holds barred, crazy-powered rocketship that rewards us becoming good drivers (there are few great drivers who ascend to the upper reaches of racing) and teaches us how little we know about the science of driving. There are more than a few members here who have mastered the Viper on the strip and you'll get there too with more runs. I've seen some amazing 60 foot times, which tells me it is possible to get a Viper going quick out of the hole and not just be playing catchup in the upper gears. I can't speak for myself, because I don't race my Viper in any way, but someday I might and if I do, I know the learning curve is steep....but very rewarding!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that you out there this morning??? I heard what sounded like armageddon coming from 3 miles over the Cheshire border. :D Good gawd man you shook my house when you started that beast up this morning. :) I'm glad you're having fun with it. - Tony
Hey, Tony I guess I will start having to send you smoke signals! I called u again to cruise, but of course I got your voice mail again.:eater: ..gonna have to start calling you Voice Mail Tony! :omg: thanks for your post though!

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers don't have cup holders because it's illegal to drink and drive :D
:rolaugh:
Viper is a race beast, not cruising beauty with all the fancy accessories like cupholder, cruise control, GPS....maybe you should trade it for a 'vette :D

:confused:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:
Viper is a race beast, not cruising beauty with all the fancy accessories like cupholder, cruise control, GPS....maybe you should trade it for a 'vette :D

:confused:
Yep, I am strongly thinking about doing just that, I mean, I am really getting tired of all the attention, the stares, the questions, the finger pointing, etc. I would just rather drive and blend in w/ all the other normal cars and drive a car w/ the sedan-like traction and stability control...just like the Vettes and Porsches do.:rolaugh:

a66cobra1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't eat or transport ready food in my daily driver. Something about the hours required to clean up a big gulp or something, just isn't worth it to me. 2 litre bottle of soda and all food in a bag, ok. 1 litre of soda in a cup = disaster.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't eat or transport ready food in my daily driver. Something about the hours required to clean up a big gulp or something, just isn't worth it to me. 2 litre bottle of soda and all food in a bag, ok. 1 litre of soda in a cup = disaster.
Yep, I found out the hard way.:cool:

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I am strongly thinking about doing just that, I mean, I am really getting tired of all the attention, the stares, the questions, the finger pointing, etc. I would just rather drive and blend in w/ all the other normal cars and drive a car w/ the sedan-like traction and stability control...just like the Vettes and Porsches do.:rolaugh:

:rolaugh: :rolaugh:
:nono: Geez, Are you out of your mind?!:omg:
You're lucky enough to drive one of the hottest car (that you excquisitly tune) around.
No way you could trade it for a souless car.:crazy2:
But I know you're just kidding :lmao: ....tell me you're kidding!

More seriously: No ready food in your drive.
I learned it the hard way too a couple of time...:(
One hell of a time to clean the mess and ants just loved all the soda spilled.:mad:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black mamba1 ;)

Great post........so glad you are having so much fun and enjoying your beast of a car, hopefully I will be again soon too.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you think that was "fun". Try racing a Z06 with a fresh cup of coffee. To kill the vette I scalded myself on my left shoulder, then after visiting both sides of my GTS the damn Go-cup came close enough that I knocked it out of the air to land between the console and my right thigh ... when the rest of the hot coffee emptied onto my leg!!! Destroyed the 07 Z06 and fishtailed away from him when I went into 3rd. I gave him a couple lengths head start so he wouldn't be in my way while I was fishtailing in 2nd. Took me a day to clean the coffee out of my interior.

I built myself some cup-holder clips that screw to the dash with the radio screws. They're unobtrusive until the portable cupholders are installed. I'll post a thread and pics so you can see what I mean.

Neccessity is the "Mother of Invention". When I drive my Viper I'm going a minimium of 400mi. so cupholders are a must.

By the way, if you've still got Michelin "runflats" on your car - don't expect to start first out of the "hole" since those tires **** for traction! I could spin my runflats in 3rd gear just stomping on the pedal at any speed up to 100mph. And that was with only 598rwhp/644rwtq. Now I've got 720rwhp, but traction after 60mph with Michelin Pilots (Gen 2).

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great idea, just epoxy a plastic pipe to your glove box lid. But, I needed two.

Ted

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackMamba with that kind of HP The Wizard gave you I don't think a cup holder would make it with your kind of power. Adrian

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take a kamelback if you really need to hydrate while driving or racing.:D
Why would you take coffee in the middle of a race???

Last edited:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe I paid $90,000 for a car w/ no traction control and no g*ddamn cup holders! What on earth was Dodge thinking? :confused: That all we want is a car that looks mean as hell and that all we want to do is go fast and kick ass???? :dunno: What about my damn cup holders??? For $90,000 plus dollars...I really expected more.:lmao:

I paid less than $90K for mine, but I still thought Dodge would've thought to include more storage space in the rear. It's bad enough with the spare tire, but even after it's removed I have no damn room to store the groceries I have to pick up every week. I'm also upset that there is no "shopping cart strip" on the sides of the car to prevent door dings from my numerous grocery shopping trips. The Vette has them as an option damnit!

:bigsmile:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I know what you're saying. Last time at the track I had the fun of beating a C6Z06 11.93 to his 12.3, he he.

But, when I wanted to go biking the other day, I could not get my Thule rack to mount easily, I finally had to hammer some bends in the body & got it mounted. And my ski rack doesn't work at all, finally had to cut slits in my ragtop and install zippers, just zip open the slits and slide the skis in & out. Now I've just gotta find snow chains to fit the rear wheels since there's no traction control.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can identify........took my 05 Commemorative Edition to Luke AFB Fall Festival Car Show this weekend.......13 cars in my class.......1980 and newer Modified Class (I have a Paxton and full Belanger exhaust, etc.), and darn if I didn't win first place.....darn Dodge for not giving us more for our money!!!!! I do have the modified cup holder, and never use it......AND no traction control, and don't want it.......and everyone drooling over the car.....what a downer........but I'll keep her!!! I do appreciate your situation!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, and I thought it was all about the driving "experience"?

I think they need to build MORE Z06's so that all the other Viper owners can play too.

Since Vipers don't have 6 bolt rims not 5 bolt, like the vette, I'm afraid snowtires are out of the question.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc